The Data Analyst works directly with the CP IMS Specialist for efficient and timely submission of accurate reports on the Case management that are documented and entered into the CP IMS. His/her main role is to enter field data related to Child Protection received at Abuja from the state offices/ focal points. S/he submits reports regularly (e.g. weekly. Fortnightly, monthly and quarterly) to the Child Protection Information Management System Specialist.
****SUPPORTS****: Data Entry Assistant/Clerks
****OPERATIONAL CONTACTS****: Child Protection Information management Systems Specialist, Child Protection Advisor, Child Protection coordinator, Child Protection officers.
Training and capacity building
- Support the Preparation and delivery of technical trainings on CP IMS, Data management, provide coaching and technical support to the field data clerks as needed.
- Apply learning in daily work and share with field based staff where possible so as to become a resource for quality monitoring and an advocate and implementer of effective and appropriate data and information management
Data Entry and Information Management
- Enter accurately and in a timely manner all case management forms into the interagency child protection database, request for additional information from the persons submitting the forms when necessary, ensure efficient data capture processes and generate fortnightly reports on case load and monitoring statistics for the CP IMS Manager or CP Managers or other partners when required.
- Review case load and monitoring statistics with the CP IMS Specialist; setting targets for case follow-ups and closure and identifying gaps as appropriate.
- Ensure the database is backed-up regularly.
- Assign database codes to new individual cases in an organized and accurate manner
- Maintain an appropriate filling system of received, open and closed cases as received from field sites and from other partners.
- Implement the Data Protection Policy and appropriate standards for confidentiality of the information on the children at Abuja and monitor staff and other partners’ adherence to it under the leadership and authority of the CP IMS Specialist.
- Support the preparation and attend the CPIMS taskforce.
- In collaboration with the CP IMS Specialist, generate the weekly report that is shared externally.
- Generate and work on any reports or analysis that maybe requested.
- Work with the CP IMS Specialist to monitor data collection through consistency checks
- Participate in any other activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children International policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Minimum Diploma; some university degree preferred
- Training and proven experience in accounting, statistics, logistics or related field
- Excellent proficiency in computer usage, particularly with MS Excel and MS Access. Knowledge in Database will be added advantage.
- Strong English language communication and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and diplomacy skills and an ability to negotiate.
- Ability to work independently, within specific deadlines, on multiple tasks.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before ****11th September, 2015**** explaining why you are suitable to Nigeria.HumanitarianVacancy@savethechildren.org. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net .
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!