At SIMS Nigeria Limited, we specialize in the distribution and sales of electronic products from major brands such as SAMSUNG, ROYAL, PARSUN and POWERMATIC.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have succeeded in carving a niche for ourselves in the home appliances market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones; in major cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Kano and Abuja.
Our longstanding reputation has earned us a status as Nigeria’s lead player in the electronics industry and as a result, we decided to go further by partnering with SAMSUNG to establish a local manufacturing line for its air conditioners and refrigerators in 2004. This, coupled with our state-of-the-art service centre that caters to consumers who buy our products, ensures that our customers enjoy the best quality of service from us and the best performance possible from their electronics.
The National Sales Manager (Retail) is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the activities of the entire retail team as well as developing and executing plans to maximize sales revenues and profitability of the retail channel.
Reports To: GM, Sales & Marketing
Supervises: Retail Store Managers
M3 - M4
- Responsible for the development of an effective retail sales team through creation and implementation of effective strategies for recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and coaching team members.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to provide acceptable retail sales growth in line with established corporate objectives and profitability targets.
- Tracks retail sales activity and provide the team with regular feedback & coaching regarding performance.
- Manages the activities of the retail sales team and ensures implementation of training regarding products, services, selling skills, etc.
- Review activity plans, sales results and other indicators for retail store managers and sales executives to ensure sales effectiveness.
- Coordinates and manages activities of key national retail accounts to ensure improved sales and profitability.
- Conducts regular sales meetings, communicating current and new sales policies, procedures and techniques, pricing, new products, sales promotions e.t.c.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing market information and providing feedback and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for liaising with the Brand principals on behalf of the organization.
- Work closely with service team to ensure implementation of after sales service/warranty policies.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual retail sales & profitability targets.
- ROI on promos and marketing activities.
- % Increase of Retail Sales Revenue (monthly/quarterly/annually).
- Introduction and implementation of initiatives to grow the retail business.
- Minimum of B.Sc. or equivalent in Sales/Marketing or any other relevant discipline.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales experience with a minimum of 5 years managing retail sales/channel.
- Experience in the FMCG industry is an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate should not be less than 35 years old.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong business acumen and market knowledge.
- Advanced microsoft excel and office skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
- Must be a good listener and should be able to respond quickly to customer needs.
- Communication and Presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
Locals and Expatriates are eligible to apply.