Vacancy at The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2)
Posted on: 4 September, 2015
Deadline: 17 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Maternal, Newborn and Child Healt
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- We are looking for an outstanding Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator for a large, DFID-funded Programme on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health in Nigeria.
- This is a full time position to be based in Yobe State, Nigeria and will report to the State Team Leader - Yobe.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet government and donor reporting requirements at the state level in Nigeria.
- S/he will specialise in monitoring and evaluation methodology, evidenced-based decision making, qualitative and quantitative research, management, analysis, and translating results to programmatic change.
- Degree in Public Health, Evaluation, Social Science, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years? experience conducting M&E for large maternal and child health programmes in a developing country, preferably Nigeria.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience with HMIS, databases, MS Office, SPSS / SAS and other relevant skills.
- Experience with governmental and nongovernmental health sector partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations.
- Experience working with DFID funded programmes is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly "make a difference"
- A competitive salary with benefits
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme - MNC...Similar Jobs
- Graphic Artist/Designer at Giantsbility Media Network Limited
- WASH Coordinator at the International Medical Corps
- Finance Officer at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Consultants at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Capacity Building Advisor at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)
- Fresh Vacancies at INTERSOS Nigeria