KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
Our client, a leading commercial bank in Nigeria, seeks to recruit a self-driven, and experienced individual to fill the Head, Strategy & Planning role within the Bank.
This role is a senior management position. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in strategy articulation, planning and development in a world-class and highly dynamic environment and a working knowledge of financial services in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) including key trends and drivers.
Detailed Job Description:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the articulation, development, implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s overall corporate, business lines and functional strategies in collaboration with top management and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the enterprise strategy planning process and coordinate the articulation and monitoring of the enterprise strategy.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to develop detailed market/functional strategies.
- Identify, analyse, monitor and execute corporate development initiatives/ tactics that enhance growth and efficiency within the bank.
Strategic Decision Support
- Monitor local and global macro-environment, regulatory, industry trends and developments and distill insights for the Bank.
- Oversee development of economic models and scenarios to aid management decision making.
- Monitor market and competitor activities, industry developments and dynamics.
- Ensure continuous and timely research, collation, analysis and storage of relevant economic, market and statistical indices for utilization by Executive management to aid effective decision making.
- Provide support to the Executive Management on strategic and regulatory issues on an ongoing basis.
- Drive merger and acquisition opportunities as required.
- Ensure effective communication of the Bank’s vision, goals and objectives to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop strategic implementation initiatives and establish systems to monitor progress on a continuous basis.
- Drive the strategic planning process and sessions at all levels within the Banking Group including Management, Board and Subsidiary strategy sessions.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of the SSA and Nigeria financial services industry, trends and key drivers.
- Strong understanding of corporate development practices, including portfolio evaluation, business development, new market entry and growth strategies.
- Good knowledge of global economic dynamics including trends and key drivers of change.
- Ability to effectively relate to and influence Executive Management and Board.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in strategy, corporate development and business planning from reputable management consulting firms or leading global/Nigerian players with the Nigerian financial services sector.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, an MBA and other business related post graduate qualifications would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online on or before the 17th of September, 2015.