In light of the increase in violence since the beginning of 2014 that has triggered a massive wave of displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be meeting the basic needs of conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security (FS), water and sanitation and shelter sectors.
NRC is seeking a Food Security Project Development Manager (FS PDM) for NRC Nigeria to design, develop and implement a FS programme in a start-up operation.
The FS PDM reports to the Area Manager.
- Develop food security strategy, technical procedures and tools
- Develop funding proposals (including multi-sectoral), project budgets and donor reports
- Coordinate and manage food security project implementation (activities, budget, project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Overall management of FS project staff
- Scale up and diversify FS operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist
- Monitor the FS projects and ensure high technical quality and synergies
- Support and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into FS programme design
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from working as a senior FS Programme Manager in an emergency context transitioning into a recovery context
- Proven experience with food and nutrition security needs assessment and analysis
- Experience of programme start up as well as development of longer term strategies for return facilitation
- Experience with developing donor relations
- Experience from Nigeria would be an asset
- Implementation of Cash and Voucher-based assistance and market-based approaches
- Proven experience with livelihood analysis
- Capacity development of staff
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Karuni, Fulani) an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Strategic and analytical
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Commencement: October 2015
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with travel to the field. Maiduguri is not a family duty station
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale