If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is a KEY player in the Building and Construction Solutions Sector, with branches spread across the Country and South Africa. They require for immediate employment, the service of an experienced and exceptional Personal Assistant, preferably female.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos State.
- The Personal Assistant to the Director will provide high-level, confidential and administrative support to the office of the Director.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Director’s Office and guarantees the image of all departments internally and externally.
- Prepares meeting programs as well as organisational aspects and materials.
- She is expected to have in-depth knowledge of the various business units under the Group.
- She will be in charge of preparing non-vetted public speeches for the Director at seminars, symposia, etc.
- The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills.
- Her duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members.
- Effectively takes minutes of meetings. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- Develops a clear understanding and knowledge of all applicable company policies / procedures, organisation requirements and company operations
- In a nut shell the role provides an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Director, helping to manage and prioritize time.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Director in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the Director to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the Director meetings with direct reports and the committees and groups to which the Director is a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with Admin unit and ensure arrangements are in place for the Director to match the requirements.
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the Director.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the Director, including the drafting of general replies.
- Keep and retrieve files for the Director as at when required.
- The Director is an expatriate and as such, the ideal applicants MUST have previous experience working with foreign nationals.
- Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role in a highly pressurized environment requiring tact, judgement and discretion in handling internal and external contacts (essential).
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential), with a minimum of six (6) years experience.
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Expert level in the use of Outlook.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills (all essential)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the Director’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines; Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods; Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work with own initiative and with limited supervision
Method of Application
Candidates with a minimum of six (6) years experience in this role should forward applications to ‘email@example.com’ using "Executive floor" as the subject of mail. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened. Advert closes 20th September, 2015.