Fresh Job at The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2)
Posted on: 2 September, 2015
Deadline: 13 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Maternal, Newborn and Child Healt
The Maternal Newborn and Child health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Deputy Team Leader - Operations has overall in-country operations responsibility for the project.
- The Deputy Team Leader - Operations is a senior representative of the company and as such ensures that risks are minimised, company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to, and the project is compliant with client policies, rules and regulations.
- The role supports the Team Leader to ensure that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the client are adhered to.
- The role works closely with and manages the project team of administrative professionals and other support staff.
Essential Education and Experience
- A postgraduate qualification in project management, finance, accounting, human resources management, or other related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with specific experience managing large DFID-funded programmes
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience including setting clear performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation, mentoring and coaching
- In country working experience in Nigeria is essential, ideally in Northern Nigeria states
- Successful track record in delivery of complex programmes
- Strong track record in project operations or business management and administration
- Excellent leadership, representation and organisational skills
- Strong management and people handling skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Ability to operate in complex situations
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organisations/institutions
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers
- Results oriented
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly "make a difference"
- A competitive salary with benefits
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should clickhere to apply online.
- There are no relocation allowances available for these position.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme - MNC...Similar Jobs
- Country Director at Chemonics International Inc
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International
- Fresh Vacancies at Solidarites International
- Project Driver at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Deputy Team Leader, Anti-Corruption at Palladium Group
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Field Enumerator (Baseline Survey) at Mercy Corps Nigeria