Hill+Knowlton Strategies is a leading international communications consultancy that recently expanded its physical footprint in Africa with the launch of a new office in Lagos, Nigeria. Hill+Knowlton offers a full suite of communications services including corporate communications, marketing communications, internal rommunications. investor relations. sports marketing and sponsorship. digital communications, issues and crisis consultancy and public affairs.
The Help Desk Technician's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing. documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person. hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user iclentification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elidt problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems, escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates. drivers. knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Identify and leam appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes atthe desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
Desired Skills & Qualitications
- At least 2 years' experience in a busy ICT driven environment
- System Administration, LAN knowledge, Servers, Networking knowledge including Hardware Configuration. Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning and proficiency in Macintosh OS X will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position. kindly follow this link www.myjobsinnigeria.com/hill before September 9, 2015. Only shortlisted candiclates will be contacted. Canvassing will leadto automatic disqualification from the recruitment process.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.