John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI's mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
The HCWM Advisor will be an integral member of the AIDSFree Nigeria project management team. This person will be responsible for working to promote sustainable state-owned HCWM systems. The HCWM Advisor will report directly to the AIDSFree Nigeria Chief of Party.
- Work with state governments to develop a state-level HCWM Policy.
- Work with focal persons at the health facility level to develop functional facility-based HCWM plans including SOPs to ensure facilities meet the minimum HCWM package.
- Work with AIDSFree Logistics Advisor and hospital management, state hospital management authorities, and PEPFAR IPs to carry out needs assessments and document consumption data for HCWM equipment and supplies
- Engage in advocacy with CMDs/MDs of health facilities and relevant policy makers at state/LGA levels to increase awareness on the need to support budgeting for HCWM
- Work with USG IPs and state governments to identify and implement practical, affordable, and effective means of waste handling and final disposal for health care waste in accordance with WHO standards
- Assist in the review/revision of the injection safety training modules to include HCWM
- Facilitate HCWM trainings for the training consultants to prepare to cascade the training material to the lower level health workers
- Facilitate the formation of functional IPC/HCWM Committees at all level of service delivery
- Lead development of short certificate course training materials for training institutions
- Contribute to documentation of project activities
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Chief of Party
- Masters degree in Microbiology, Public Health, or other relevant environmental health/engineering science field. Previous work experience with international donor-funded programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communications
- Ability to work with SMOH and Municipal/State waste management authorities
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team
- Ability to design training materials and lead effective trainings
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing and other software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online. Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 09/07/2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale