Chisco transport Ltd was established in 1978 by Chief Dr. Chidi Anyaegbu (MFR). We evolve from a micro auto parts retailer into a leading transporter and brand diversified to deliver excellence in end to end passenger transportation/integrated logistics. Transportation/integrated is all that we do, so we strive to do it right. It is this commitment that kept us at the fore front of the industry in Nigeria, and establish us as one of the best in sub Saharan Africa with employment of over 4, 000 Nigerians and non Nigerians alike. With over 6000 daily passenger traffic and about 500 fleet capacity with daily coverage of over 58, 000 kilometres in mileage, we are visible in all the 36 states of Nigeria and the west coast of Africa (Togo, Accra, Ghana etc).
Our reputation is built on cutting-edge customer focused solutions that exceeds customersâ€™ expectations through quality management systems, people, technology, infrastructure, partnerships/alliances and benchmarking of best practices. Today our teeming clients consider us a reputable Brand that understands the needs of its clients and ensure satisfactory world-class service delivery.
Shall be responsible for the implementation, formation of the entire subsidiary policy and ensuring that members of staff achieve set targets.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Shall supervise ,coordinate and review the works of his subordinates in and out of office.
2. Shall be responsible for actual and detailed scheduling of trucks to achieve the company’s operational and financial targets.
3. Shall coordinate the activities of Station Managers and the operations staff.
4. Shall ensure and coordinate the proper and profitable routing of trucks.
5. Must make adequate arrangement to maximize revenue from profitable routes.
6. Shall ascertain the running cost of a truck in order to work out target.
7. Shall prepare and evaluate an action plan for the day to day achievement of the department ‘s target and forward strategies for achieving them.
8. Shall oversee , supervise and coordinate all external business transactions e.g .Charter services and importation of spare parts and goods for the smooth running of the company.
9. Shall prepare a policy guideline for the department and present to management for approval.
10. Shall source for the expansion of the scope of business in line with the company’s policy.
11. Shall research and proffer solution on how best to remain ahead of competitors.
12. Shall supervise , coordinate and handle all activities of Drivers and mechanics through the workshop management.
13. Shall be responsible for the company’s property and assets within your department.
14. Shall oversee and coordinate the maintenance department and ensure that trucks are not unnecessarily delayed in the workshop through the workshop management.
15. Shall effectively manage the use and distribution of spare parts from the store
16. Shall ensure that the gas Account is current and all the money collected is paid in the designated Bank Account.
17. Shall prepare a weekly report on the findings of the monitoring and /vehicle traffic unit for the information of the management.
18. Shall approve and submit to management weekly logistics reports on all the routes.
19. Shall be responsible for the overall monitoring and supervision of the various unit s within the operations management.
20. Shall be in charge of all technical staff in all the branches.
21. Install an effective mechanism of tracking the buses.
22. Prepare a departure and arrival schedule for all the trucks in the stations.
23. Ensure that our trucks comply with the take-off schedule at all times. Sanction Drivers/Station Managers who breach this procedure as specified in the policy and operations guideline.
24. Shall identify the company’s target market and adopt strategies to remain ahead of competition.
25. Attract a regular patronage of cooperateorganizations and individuals through aggressive marketing.
26. Design products/services and retain customers.
27. Carryout market research to investigate the company’s market share and how to improve on the market share as well as provide research support in business development.
28. Selecting the most appropriate channel for the promotion of the company’s services and ensuring the wildest possible coverage at competitive prices.
29. Maintain good and efficient customer relations.
30. Draw up and implement annual and periodic marketing plan.
31. Analyzing feedback from customers for management attention.
32. Ensure the realization of agreed targets.
33. Handle objections and ensure the satisfaction of all customers.
34. Organize training especially in the area of marketing and winning new customers.
35. Organize training on customer’s acquisition and retention.
36. Organize customers forum from time to time.
37. Any other assignment that may be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
All applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of this advert. Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted for the recruitment process.