You’re a seasoned humanitarian aid worker
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, security management, humanitarian action, international relations or a related field.
- You have 3 years’ experience managing team safety & security in volatile contexts, as well as practical training in leading the security function for humanitarian aid organizations.
- You are familiar with field-based communications systems like HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite & internet systems.
You’re a very capable communicator
- You enjoy working with strong, committed teams, including colleagues who do not speak your language fluently. You like the challenge of helping teams find ways to work where ACF’s activities will have the most impact.
- You are comfortable explaining complex policies & procedures simply, in non-technical terms. You are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust & calm within the team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You remain handle highly stressful situations with composure & are able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to build relationships with external actors while ensuring that ACF’s humanitarian principles & program needs are clearly understood.
You’re a seasoned WASH professional
- Degree in Water Engineering/Construction Engineering/Public Health or relevant degree with at least 3 years experience in project management.
- You have experience in water, sanitation, hygiene and health education projects, preferably in a humanitarian context.
You’re a super communicator
- You have led teams where you need to coach others to adapt their communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are diplomatic & able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support how junior staff can improve their reporting skills.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.