If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com,Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of marketing and entrepreneurship.
Introduction to role
As a vendor acquisition manager, you are required to facilitate the sourcing and signing up of Leads (Vendors) with high potential of partnering with Jumia.
Duties and Responsibility
Some of your requirements as a vendor acquisition manage include:
- You initiating and handling of relationships with vendors and Jumia’s operational department.
- As a vendor acquisition manager, you constantly deal with contractual agreements for securing sale tenders from Jumia vendors.
- You authoring contract documents including statements of work and service level exhibits
- You are to understand policies and procedures associated with purchase contracts such as indemnification and amendments.
- Understanding company policies and procedures associated with selling on Jumia Seller center with commission charged included in the contracts.
- Liaise between Jumia Seller center merchant and cross- functional internal teams to ensure the timely successful on-boarding process flow for the new acquired merchant within a stipulated time frame
- Play the role of an advocate of the vendor to the internal management of his company.
- You may also adopt such strategies as vendor service offerings to develop and maintain strategic relationship with suppliers.
- You are also responsible for troubleshooting all vendor problems. In other instances, he may report vendor queries such as: product upload challenges and delays in disbursement of payments to the management for corrective actions.
- Evaluate and monitor merchant activities to ensure that vendors registered on the platform upload minimal no of SKU on seller center comply with the upload standard
- Vendor managers arrange meetings with staff and vendors to discuss issues affecting the supply chain and possible measures.
- Such issues range from defective or unacceptable goods or services to delivery delays.
- A vendor manager ensures problem resolutions are achieved without compromising the relationship with vendors and company customers
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either or of the following: Vendor Hunting, Vendor management, Sales management, Sourcing and Procurement of electronics.
- Candidate should have a degree in related courses which include; Business Administration/Management, Sales, Marketing, Economics.
- Preferably Igbo speaking candidates, who are street smart and also book smart.
- Good knowledge of the Major markets like Idumota, Computer Village, Alaba, Trade Fair etc.
- Good relationship with top distributors in Major markets like Idumota, Computer Village, Alaba, Trade Fair etc would be an added advantage.
- Started and completed NYSC
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here