Konga Online shopping in Nigeria for phones, clothes, home & kitchen, computers and more at best prices on Konga.com. Enjoy fast delivery service.
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Reporting Line Head, Administration
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.Evaluate risks and opportunities, and mitigate contractual risk to the client
- Support the project team to obtain client internal approvals, working with Legal department as appropriate
- Identify programs and/or procedures related to cost reduction, performance improvement, and optimizing terms & conditions
- Identify benchmarking criteria and performance metrics related to contractor and vendor deliverables
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Must be analytical, strategic and thoughtful with an ability to make recommendations and influence outcomes
- Relationship Management
- Ability to multi-task.
- Advanced in MS Office Suite
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with project personnel, vendors, subcontractors, and other stakeholders Comprehensive knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices and commercial negotiations
- Broad procurement and project support services background
- Experience in handling Tenders and Contracts
Conversant with procurement processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or statistics from any reputable University
- 7 years’ relevant work experience in a related filed (procurement, supply chain, contracts, and/or materials management) with a minimum of 2-3 years in a team lead or manager role
- Certification in Purchasing Management (CPM) preferred
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.