Jhpiego, an affiliate of John Hopkins university is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families, in collaboration with some of its partners, save the children International (SCI), Pediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN), Nigerian Society of Neonatal Medicine (NISONM), Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) and National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM), will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement called the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP). The program's goal is to contribute significantly to ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD) in Nigeria. The five year project which started in October 2014 will end in September 2019 and will be implemented in Kogi and Ebonyi States of Nigeria.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professional for the position of:
- Senior Finance arid Administration Manager will be reporting to the Deputy Country Director and will be responsible for providing the financial and administrative management for there MCSP Project.
- S/he will oversee all financial and contractual aspects of the project and work closely with project staff to ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of the project.
- The successful candidate will ensure chat the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and USAID roles and regulations.
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of project financial operations.
- Oversee all financial planning, budgeting and reporting for the project.
- Provide guidance to the project Director regarding the financial requirements of the project and office operations.
- Prepare accurate budgets, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and coat-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to, prevent over or under expenditure of budgets, ensure proper safeguards of funds and ensure compliance with established USC and headquarters' financial, accounting and administrative procedures.
- Review, reconcile and monitor all project accounts, including major program operating accounts and petty cash operations involving cash advances.
- Determine updated monthly project accruals and projections to support forecasting accuracy and program completion, as required,
- Provide guidance, monitoring arid support to project team, including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel for staff and consultants, financial oversight of local sub-grantees (as needed) and maintenance of office inventory
- Provide guidance and support for contracts development and management
- Provide financial capacity-building for local grantees
- Maintain and administer project financial accounting system.
- Prepare the monthly financial report by using adapted finance software (QuickBooks).
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and/or reports.
- Implement and oversee a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with Jhpiego's established financial system.
- Make in-country budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures, as required.
- Direct and oversee the monitoring and annual auditing of cost- share requirements, tracking and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with the project team and headquarters staff to ensure proper project and financial reporting, spending and compliance with project terms and conditions.
- Provide financial reports, Including pipeline analysis, quarterly project reports, or as requested by the donor
- Ensure that USAID resources are appropriately directed to program priorities and are in line with program work plans.
- Contribute to program team in developing work plans and annual budget for program activities and local office costs.
- Manage all sub-grants to local grantees ensuring sub-awardees' compliance and reporting
- Work closely with auditors during audit of the program.
- Serve ass resource person for non finance staff on USAID, JHU and Jhpiego rules and policy.
- Provide financial oversight to finance officers.
- Ensure that proper human resources administration procedures are in place for project staff, including tracking of leave, sick days, absence and other human resources actions.
- Ensure compliance by all assigned staff to the JHU and Jhpiego timekeeping requirements, as well as, the staff’s timely approval of timesheets.
- Ensure that Jhpiego personal files for project staff have all the relevant records including employment agreement and job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field and 10 years of finance and administrative experience
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial management of international programs larger than US $5 million/year
- At least three years of experience with financial analyse, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international health projects.
- At least five years working in international health in developing countries and in sub-Saharan Africa, with emphasis in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health
- Relevant experience living and working oversees, including supporting implementation of national/provincial/district-level programs
- Five or more years of senior-level work experiences with USAID or other donors
- Knowledge of USG cost principles, including USAID regulations, GAAP accounting rules and grants contract management
- Familiarity with USAID policies and administrative procedures
- Expert knowledge (Director)/ Proficiency (Manager) in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks), databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing. Packages include: Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel and Word,
- Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports and documents
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 30% of time.
go to method of application »
- The Pre-service Education Advisor will report to the Deputy Country Director and will provide technical guidance to support the integration of maternal, newborn and child health competencies with pre-service education at public and private medical training Institutions.
- The Advisor will provide support to the overall program strategy development, incorporating competency-based training techniques.
- The Advisor will lead the team in completing a task analysis to identity core MNCH competencies needed, based on national needs, and then review and develop curricula to integrate new competencies with didactic and clinical teaching.
- S/He will mentor partners in Schools of Nursing and Midwifery and Schools of Health Technology in Ebonyi and Kogi states, and collaborate with them in developing the five-year plan for transfer of responsibility and implementation.
- The Training Advisor will coordinate the strengthening of faculty members and preceptors ability to deliver the new pee-service curricula for comprehensive MNCH care.
- The Advisor works closely with the other MCSP technical staff as well as the SMOH to ensure harmonization of implementation efforts.
- S/He ensures timely and cost-effected program implementation and reporting of activities.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the pm- service program is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of Nigeria and the USAID
- Provide technical guidance and develop or review curricula and teaching approaches> using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies
- Provide training of trainers, follow-up support and support supervision as necessary for activities
- Ensure the dissemination of revised curricula on integrated maternal, newborn and child health education through cascade training
- Mentor partner institution’s staff during training implementation
- Assist with coordinating the necessary technical input from partners required by key activeness and work closely with external stakeholders, consultants and experts as required
- Contribute/coordinate With program’s MitE of activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national standards
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders, including
- FMOH/SMOH officials, professional associations, in-service training organizations and other USC funded programs 4or smooth implementation
- Work collaboratively with other program team members to ensure that necessary program planning, devel9ment resource availability and management. activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Work with the MCSP partners including the professional associations to include in dissemination activities
- Coordinate with the DPD for successful delivery of technical assistance and implementation of program activities
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with other partners
- Liaise with Jhpiego's Nigeria Technical Leadership Office on activity design
- Contribute to annual wont planning, training plans and quarterly reports
- Provide mentoring to institutional partners during implementation of activities based on the plan developed fun transfer of responsibility
- Lead the development of the five-year plan for transfer of responsibility and implementation to institutional partners
- Work collaboratively with program team and headquarters staff to assure proper program and financial reporting, spending and compliance with program terms and conditions
- Evaluate program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis
- Promote and support the dissemination of the program’s best practices and lessons learned among the program team, key stakeholders, including the MOM, local partners, CDC and PEPFAR collaborators
- Liaise with in-service training partners to build ox materials developed and best practices
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with Kenyas national health guidelines
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donors including progress and annual reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical degree with post-graduate level training in public health
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a trainer
- A minimum f seven years of mid- to senior-level experience in designing and implementing large, complex, MNCH programs
- Technical expertise in pre-service education
- At least two years of experience living and working in Nigeria, including supporting implementation of state-level programs
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to public health programs In developing countries, with emphasis on MNCH programs
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency In English. Hausa language proficiency Is an advantage
- Experience and understanding of the IMNCH framework
- Experience in providing technical assistance to USG-financed programs
- Ability to travel within the state.
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable programs
- Expertise in research to practice-identifying best practices and adapting them to program realities
- A team player accustomed to building teem capacity, delegating working teams and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a CV as one single word document to: email@example.com The title/subject of your email and application should be the position applied for.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employemnt background investigation.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.