GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
The Project Manager will lead and manage new unit power generation projects.
- Lead and manage the project through all phases of the project lifecycle including engineering, manufacturing, delivery, installation, commissioning, commercial operation and contract closeout.
- Execute projects in compliance with contract requirements including scope, schedule, budget, quality, while managing risk, improving margin and exceeding customer expectations.
- Primary customer contact and advocate responsible for resolving technical / commercial issues, managing communications and providing periodic status updates.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to other functions supporting the project including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance and Services.
- Manage technical and commercial risk including contract changes, margin erosion, receivables, liquidated damages / claims and effective project closeout.
- Manage contract and terms.
- Be a leader for overall project cost control and margin enhancement.
- Identify, pursue and close margin enhancement opportunities via contract change order for additional equipment and services.
- Manage and report financial aspects of project including budget, costs, margin, invoicing, receivable collection and revenue recognition.
- Lead project teams through project reviews in order to identify and manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the project baseline and initiate corrective action where appropriate. Update business leaders.
- Follow GE Quality and QMS procedures.
- Participate in six sigma / quality improvement activities for the purpose of improving project execution quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travel periodically in support of project meetings (domestic and international)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology field of study or a minimum 5 years of gas turbine generator technical experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the power generation industry
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management experience in power industry
- Experience managing customer contracts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with external customers
- Technical knowledge of GE gas turbine product line and systems
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to effectively manage teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies
- Familiarity with GE's LM series gas turbine package
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certified (GE employees only)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
Job Segments: Project Manager, Engineer, Claims, Manager, Energy, Technology, Engineering, Insurance, Management
The Commercial Controllership Leader provides guidance to both finance and operations leaders for a specialist area within controllership, and/or support to Africa regional controller as well as to Senior Assistant controller.
- Ensuring that Terms and Conditions of GEHC Sales Contracts don’t impose any risks, liabilities those are not approved (Policy
- Monitoring and increasing the effectiveness of the controls for the T&C reviews and their approvals
- Working with the Commercial Teams to pro-actively assess and manage the risks of the existing contracts’ backlog (Policy
- Coordinating with the EAGM and the Global Teams in the areas of Commercial Contracting
- Partnering with the regions to create Dashboards to monitor the Contractual Risks in Afrıca
- Standardization of the Accounting of the Contractual Obligations for consistency on the Financial Statements
- Working with the local finance teams, HR and Commercial Teams to account properly for the Variable Compensation Plans
- Standardizing and monitoring the accounting of Commercial Reserves accross the legal entities considering the applicable policies
- Working with internal and external auditors to address to the issues in the area commercial controllership
- Participate and provide input into GE Healthcare simplification initiatives
- Identify potential risks & opportunities & and communicate effectively
- Interpret finance risks & opportunities to local circumstances & present workable solutions
1. Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and minimum 8-10 years progressive accounting or finance experience
2. Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP and local GAAP
3. CPA / CA or GE Corporate Audit Staff
4. Familiarity with Oracle, SAP or any other ERP systems
5. Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
7. Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
8. Ability to work with databases in order to pull the required details,
9. Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
10. Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
11. Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
12. Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills
13. Experience working in a matrixed environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Job Segments: Accounting, Oracle, ERP, Database, SAP, Finance, Technology
Interested and suitably qualified candindates should click here to apply online.