Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of Standard Bank Group which is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings and has been in business for more than 150 years. It is a global Bank with African roots and has extensive operations in 19 African countries including South Africa and 12 countries outside Africa including key financial centers like Europe, United States and Asia making us one of the biggest banking networks in the continent. It operates in Nigeria as Stanbic IBTC Bank; a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Stanbic IBTC Holdings’ strategy is to position itself as the leading end-to-end financial services solutions provider in Nigeria. The group leverages on our market exposure to offer expert services in three core business areas - Corporate and Investment banking; Personal and Business banking and Wealth management under 8 subsidiaries.
We strive to serve all our customers exceptionally as well as invest in the growth of our people and support them to achieve their career aspirations.
• To ensure that all PBB Compliance issues are properly identified, tracked and effectively managed.
• To provide necessary support to the business in respect of compliance issues.
• To maintain and develop a thorough understanding of the relevant rules and regulations applicable to PBB Business units.
• To maintain and develop a thorough understanding of the relevant requirements and policies applicable to the PBB business, thereby facilitating the establishment of a compliance culture.
• To guide members of the PBB business to act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect and in an ethical manner in dealing with all clients.
• To ensure Compliance with relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorist (AML/CFT) legislations and related activities.
• To ensure effective monitoring of all regulatory returns across the PBB businesses to ensure that such returns are rendered as and when due.
• Conducting research (international & local) to keep abreast of current compliance and AML/CFT issues.
• Develop strong working relationships with the PBB Business units.
• Provide assistance and advice on compliance issues e.g. new business, new products, new regulatory initiatives and AML/CFT.
• Provide guidance on compliance requirements.
• Monitor Personal Account Trading (PAT) within the PBB Business units and investigate potential problem areas/trades.
• Assist the PBB Business units with resolution of compliance audit issues.
• Conduct monitoring exercises in PBB Business units.
• Assist as and when required, in the development, drafting and updating of procedures/processes/policies and related training programmes/manuals and the delivery of training that is tailored to the PBB Business unit needs.
• Monitor effectively the level of compliance with policies such as Market Abuse Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Gift and Entertainment Policy, Outside Business Interest (OBI) Policy, Conflicts of Interest, etc.
• Keep abreast with the Stanbic IBTC/Standard Bank AML operations, standards and controls.
• Assist with the review of developed training material pertaining to AML/ CFT.
• Attend to relevant projects or reviews and give input and perform allocated tasks in terms of all projects concerning Compliance/AML/CFT.
• Assist in providing AML/CFT support to Operational areas to ensure effective implementation of controls and processes.
• Assist in compliance measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (including, where necessary, timeframes and responsibilities).
Key performance measure
• Ensure all new products and businesses are taken through the product approval process (NPC).
• Ensure that all new regulatory and or compliance initiatives are communicated to relevant PBB business units.
• Identify deficiencies in AML/CFT control measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (timeframes and responsibilities) with the management of the affected area.
• Timely review of Compliance policies, standards, manuals, including gap analysis of regulatory requirements.
• Timely rollout of Compliance Risk Management Plans (CRMPs) and effective monitoring of legislations and regulations applicable to PBB in line with agreed timelines.
• Ensure proactive engagement and timely review of new product papers.
• Co-ordinate and provide input into all AML/CFT initiatives.
• Contribute to the AML/CFT framework.
• Ensure necessary development and retention of AML/CFT related documentation/procedures/policies/manuals.
• Assist and advice on the process to identify and monitor PEPs and other targeted high-risk persons and entities.
• Actively promote, on an ongoing basis a culture of Compliance within the PBB Business units.
Internal and external relationships
• Build relationships and provide Compliance and AML/CFT guidance to the CIB business.
• Develop relationships with key business, operational, internal audit & IT staff within the various businesses.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.