If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is a French manufacturer and distributor of household Goods. They are the leading manufacturer of crystal and glassware in the world with notable brands. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for a Business Development Manager to be in charge of the Nigeria business.
The Business Development Manager would be responsible for bringing the company’s business to the forefront of market activities in Nigeria through developing and expanding distribution channels, sales planning and execution, campaign management techniques and other initiatives acceptable to the client.
- Develop and recommend the best /New Distribution network option within each market.
- Designs and implements a sales plan to achieve budget and follows up on all agreed actions with
Distributors and key accounts.
- Establish sales plans for all Distributors including monthly forecast orders, promotional calendar, launch of new products, extend the sub distributors & retail distribution.
- Liaise with existing & new distributors to ensure they are selling the agreed range of Arc products.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Liaise with stores and clients (distributors and supermarket chains) to understand their needs and concerns and is responsible for taking action locally to address these issues.
- Develop and grow L2 customers in direct or on behalf of the distributor.
Market knowledge, and market data collection
- Complete & update market sizing – Make analysis, propose actions plan and Competition Analysis (product, pricing etc.)
- Ensures the display of required products in the stores, protecting and promoting the Brands image policy in the territory.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions.
- Provides advice and support to ensure that they are providing the right product, at the right margin, with the right service levels to the end customers.
- Support the teams of the distributors and the L2 clients with product trainings.
- Develop a strong sales culture and create mechanisms to ensure seamless Sales.
- Ready to travel in Remote cities within Nigeria.
- Create, maintain and develop a direct relation with the Key Accounts in CG+FS. Including developing and updating key account plans.
- Promotes and sells full ranges and concepts to the supermarket chains, discount stores, the Independent retail outlets, Hotel Groups, Restaurants, Resorts, Institutions.
- Minimum of 4 year experience in a well structured environment with focus on distribution.
- Experience in setup of distributors, channel & strategies to sell.
- Should have experience in selling consumer goods products of Household experience only (electronic good, home appliance, Glassware, etc.).
- Must be operational focus, mission is sales operations, including sales, taking orders and customer relationship management
- Work experience in Nigeria market with complete knowledge of remote markets.
- Strong experience in modern trade.
- English proficiency (French would be an added advantage).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with detailed CVs to email@example.com