The Nobeah Foundation is the not-for-profit counterpart of Nobeah Technologies Ltd., a technology company focusing on technology with deep potential for social impact.
Across Africa the Nobeah Foundation will raise money from both local and international donors to sponsor free or subsidized distribution of the technologies from Nobeah. Through these activities the foundation will achieve its goal of supporting game-changing innovations.
ABOUT THE JOB
ROLE: Agricultural and Aquacultural Innovation Programmes Manager-Coordinator-Intern (s) - multiple positions available at manager, coordinator, or intern levels:
COMPENSATION: This position is voluntary, but given a good mutual fit between the individual and the organization, the role may potentially transition into a paid full-time or part-time role within 3 months depending on the needs and capacity of the organization. However, please note that hiring will be prioritized based on contribution. Given the same productivity, working part-time (or fewer hours in a week) the number of months required to match the contribution of an individual working full-time (or more hours in a week) may be greater than the 3 month period worked by the full-time hire.
Summary of Position:
The newly formed Nobeah Foundation is seeking an Agricultural and Aquacultural Innovation Programmes Manager, an Agricultural and Aquacultural Innovation Programmes Coordinator, and an Agricultural and Aquacultural Innovation Programmes Intern for its Nigerian operations.
The Nobeah Foundation’s Agricultural and Aquacultural Innovation Programme delivers a combination of innovative business models and technology with the intention of radically increasing viable employment opportunities for a wide sector of individuals from the informal sector to professions, from the long-term unemployed to interns and entrepreneurs. We are stepping up our efforts to implement what we believe are ground-breaking programmes, and recruiting suitable candidates for fulfil the role of Programme Manager/Coordinator/Intern.
At the manager level this position will be responsible for establishing donor, public, and private partnerships with Nobeah’s job creation and economic development initiatives. This entails conducting outreach to both government and donor organizations to identify and negotiate new opportunities for partnership, then negotiating and monitoring contractual partnership obligations, milestones and deliverables. This position will also be responsible for guiding and implementing programme initiatives and managing the release of the Nobeah products related to these initiatives, conducting research and staying current on the job markets in various sectors to contribute an understanding of market trends to planned projects.
Recruitment will take place in two phases. In the first phase concluding by November, the first group of candidates will be selected. In the second phase concluding December, the second group of candidates will be selected. Candidates found not eligible for the first group are welcome to reapply for the second group if any elements of your qualifications or experience have changed.
These positions require between 5-40 hours a week at any hours and any day per week as long as the requirements for on-line meetings and other collaboration are met. The positions are flexible to accommodate up to 100% remote work. Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office are required.
Though all work will be remote, the candidate must be located in and be eligible to work in the country. The candidate must speak at least one local language, in addition to being fluent in English both verbally and in writing. The candidate must also have a network of contacts in the country to facilitate any required work there.
The detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to those below:
· Assists with identifying government or donor programmes that provide funding or other incentives that could increase the impact of Nobeah’s own programmes and assist the fundraising team in pursuing grant funding.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with government and donor organization officials, legislators, Nobeah Foundation staff and the general public.
· Assists in negotiating and administering contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements with national, county, community and donor organizations.
· Monitors national and county legislation relating to economic development.
· Identify opportunities for economic development and job creation initiatives by developing partnerships with the community and by working with existing businesses to identify ways for them to scale and create jobs through the faster hiring and more efficient management suggested by Nobeah’s advanced work management methodology.
· Acts as liaison for technical and financial resources between public and private sectors for the purpose of building capacity and partnerships with the goals of exporting local made Nobeah products overseas.
· Provide credible expert feedback before public bodies (city, county, legislative, etc.) on behalf of the programme on topics relating to his/her specialty or expertise. Act as a representative of the programme in stakeholder meetings, and maintain existing project stakeholders and partners. Propose strategy to achieve goals and objectives of the programme to senior management.
· Prepare, oversee, and manage the programme budget.
· Facilitate and monitor the outcomes of programme participants to establish sustainability and identify programme development opportunities. Assess results for continuous improvement.
· Coordinate the delivery of all programme aspects, including overall planning, development and administration as well as develop, implement and administer program-based seminars, workshops or training sessions on Nobeah’s related programmes and conduct selected training as required.
· Plans, coordinates and evaluates public relations activities designed to promote and create awareness of programmes.
· Provides input where requested on development and implementation of policies enhancing economic development.
· Provide leadership, coaching and supervision to program staff.
· A Bachelor’s Degree.
· At a manager level this position requires the following experience:
· Economic or community development programs and experience in business development and with startup businesses.
· Demonstrated understanding of the needs and priorities of business and industry including knowledge or experience of national and county labor markets, and the application of labor market information as well as related research and statistical techniques, with the ability to work as an effective liaison between private organizations and government.
· Knowledge or experience of program planning and management. Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop human relations. Ability to serve as effective and collaborative team member, working independently and meeting deadlines while prioritizing and managing multiple projects concurrently and assigning work to a team.
· Strong analytical, communication, organizational and record-keeping skills. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal and written processes, especially among diverse groups of people who may have varying degrees of knowledge. Speaking in public to give presentations. Experience facilitating meetings and discussions at a relatively high level.
To apply for this position send an email to email@example.com with your resume attached and with the subject line: “Re: Application for Volunteer Agricultural and Aquacultural Innovation Programmes Manager/Coordinator/Intern-Nigeria”. Please ensure your name and other contact details are both in your resume and in the email itself.