About the Company
A global agri-business, Olam grows, sources, trades and processes food and industrial raw materials across 16 product platforms for over 13,800 customers. With a direct presence in 65 countries, our team of 23,000 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses - including cocoa, coffee, cashew, sesame, rice and cotton.
This year we celebrate our 25th anniversary with four new initiatives, all of which are focused on investing in our future generations: The Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security; The Olam Scholarship Programme; The Olam Foundation; and our Building Sustainable Futures Forum. To learn more about any of these, visit 'About Us' on our website (www.olamgroup.com).
Headquartered in Singapore and listed on the SGX-ST in 2005, Olam currently ranks among the top 40 largest listed companies in Singapore in terms of market capitalization and is a component stock in the Straits Times Index (STI), MSCI Singapore Free, S&P Agribusiness Index and the DAXglobal Agri-business Index.
Overview of the position :
The Branch Operations Manager role will involve managing day to day activity of the current product in the country including procurement, processing, quality, shipments and logistics. Its a well-rounded role that gives the experience of managing a large business in a fast growing origin.
Position Responsibilities :
- Design, implement and manage the procurement Strategy for Product in the country with the respective teams below him to drive and deliver volumes as per the overall business plan
- Optimize utilization of processing and quality resources in the country to derive maximum capacity utilization and efficiency and to eliminate controllable losses and minimize the impact of non-controllable losses
- Support in implementation of the required infrastructure to deliver volumes as per the business plan
- Ensure strict adherence to all the laid down systems and procedures without exception
- Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets
- Counter-party & Credit Risk Management
- Ensure high motivational levels in the team and get the team aligned with the overall Product & origin strategy
- Support the PCH in trading and positional decisions by providing adequate and timely market information
- Interface with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, approvals, etc
- Capability building among the local staff
- Procurement & supply chain experience in an export commodity would be desirable
- The role requires residing in upcountry locations and frequent traveling
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1 to 2 years post MBA experience from Top B - Schools (IIM, NITIE, IIFT, SIBM)
To apply for this position, click here