At SIMS Nigeria Limited, we specialize in the distribution and sales of electronic products from major brands such as SAMSUNG, ROYAL, PARSUN and POWERMATIC.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have succeeded in carving a niche for ourselves in the home appliances market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones; in major cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Kano and Abuja.
Our longstanding reputation has earned us a status as Nigeria’s lead player in the electronics industry and as a result, we decided to go further by partnering with SAMSUNG to establish a local manufacturing line for its air conditioners and refrigerators in 2004. This, coupled with our state-of-the-art service centre that caters to consumers who buy our products, ensures that our customers enjoy the best quality of service from us and the best performance possible from their electronics.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the company’s warehouse facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Warehouse Manager will also provide effective logistics oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills.
Reports To: Executive Director (Operations)
Supervises: CKD Warehouse Manager, Transport Logistics Manager, Assistant Warehouse Manager
M2 - M3
- Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouses.
- Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Assess the need for, and recommend the purchase of moving equipment like trailers, forklifts e.t.c.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products/goods in the CKD and finished goods warehouse.
- Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- % decrease in logistics/shipping cost (quarterly/annually).
- Optimal storage cost per item and inventory storage per square foot.
- Utilization efficiency levels of space, labour and equipments.
- Fulfillment – timely order fulfillment, percentage of order fulfillment vs non-fulfillment, accuracy of order fulfillment.
- Minimum of B.Sc. or equivalent in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management environment/role out of which 5 must have been at managerial level.
The ideal candidate should not be less than 35 years old.
Applications from locals and expatriates are accepted.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft excel and office skills.
- Understanding of ERP systems and its integration with respect to supply/demand functions.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.