The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The key objective of the HR Shared Services Division CHRM2 is to process individual decisions regarding staff and their remuneration, benefits and employment contract with the Bank, in line with established policies and procedures in an efficient and timely manner, in order to ensure staff and management satisfaction.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager CHRM2, the incumbent’s role will be to oversee the day to day operations of the HR Help Desk, implement, support and facilitate the various steps in addressing HR related staff queries to ensure efficient clients services.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Employee Help Desk Officer’s main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Organise, supervise and perform the listening and treatment of queries from employees regarding their situation at the Bank and the HR policies and procedures, as well as the log and follow through of these queries.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of documentation which is easy to find, to access, to interpret and to act upon, regarding HR matters of interest to staff members.
- Participate actively the policy interpretation process when required and record /ensure such interpretation in individual cases.
- Present key HR policies and programmes to new comers and promote the Employee HRD throughout the Bank.
- Follow up on the treatment of queries of staff members carried over to specialists to ensure a timely reply to them.
- Analyse logs and follow through of queries, improve EHRD documentation and report to relevant HR units in order to improve HR policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Keep self and his/her team abreast of continuous changes and interpretations.
- Permanently adapt team work organisation, tools and practices to ensure optimal service to all staff members wherever located.
- Provide 1st level of operational support across several HR business areas including expatriation, compliance, leave of absence, HR master data, on boarding/off boarding, internal transfers, benefits and payroll.
- Provide the necessary information regarding query log to case management as required to facilitate the addressing of the staff situation.
- Provide the 1st level of support for HR Self-services Tools (Employee Self-Services, Manager Self-services.
- Undertake other responsibilities within the Division including active participation in the planning and execution of activities of the unit, ensuring that they are consistent with the mission and the expected results of program activity; and take appropriate action when objectives change or when modifications are made to limited resources, in order to sustain delivery and efficiency.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Business Administration or other related disciplines.
- Requisite knowledge of SAP or other integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system preferably in Human Resource (HR) and Financial (FI) modules.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience in a large volume and busy computerised HR unit.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary team.
- Capacity to initiate and manage innovations and changes.
- High level skills in communication and negotiation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
go to method of application »
The General Counsel and Legal Services Department (GECL) provides legal services to the statutory organs of the Bank and the Fund. In addition, GECL provides legal advice on the administration, operations and financial activities of the Bank. GECL also ensures that the activities and operations of the Bank’s Group are consistent with the constitutive documents and other legal instruments of the Bank’s Group, its policies, the relevant norms and principles of international and commercial law, and the best practices of development finance institutions.
The Private Sector Operations Division (GECL2) advises on private sector transactions and other initiatives mostly originated by the Bank’s private sector operations department (OPSM). Most of the transactions include non-sovereign loans, guarantees, project finance, syndicated loans, equity participations and trade finance.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, Private Sector Operations (GECL.2), the incumbent will be responsible for the following activities in connection with the Private Sector activities of the Bank:
- Conducting legal due diligence on proposed transactions such as the review of project documents and agreements (including development or construction contracts, supplier agreements, concession agreements, joint venture agreements, management agreements and shareholders’ agreements, etc.), constitutive documents of proposed borrowers/investee funds and review of local regulatory requirements;
- Liaising and collaborating with staff in the private sector operations, finance and environmental and social departments to develop the appropriate terms and conditions of each transaction, ensuring compliance with Bank’s policies;
- Participating in project appraisal missions and reviewing project concept notes, project appraisal reports, drafting board resolutions;
- Drafting and/or reviewing, negotiating and finalising all legal documentation relevant to the proposed transaction, including term sheets, loan agreements, lines of credit agreements, common terms agreements, guarantee agreements, participation agreements, inter-creditor agreements, security documentation, assignment agreements and information memoranda, etc., depending on the nature of the project and the type of financing;
- Advising on transaction structure and documentation for private equity investments by the Bank to ensure compliance with Bank policies and practice as well as applicable laws including drafting and/or reviewing shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, management agreements, co-investment agreements, subscription agreements, etc.
- Providing legal support for the implementation and monitoring of projects after signing and disbursement, including advising on waiver requests, approval requests and project work-outs;
- Liaising with co-lenders/investors, partners and external counsel as and when needed; and
- Undertaking such other assignments as required in furtherance of the Department's mandate.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Law, plus admission to the Bar of (or diploma to practice law in) a member country; or a first university degree plus a relevant combination of academic qualification in Law (e.g. Juris Doctor (JD) plus admission to the Bar of (or diploma to practice law in) a member country of the Bank;
- Preferably at least 6 years of relevant professional experience with an established law firm or an international financial institution, with in-depth experience in major international financial transactions;
- Proven competence in International banking and finance, Project Finance, Private Equity, Development and Public International Law;
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines;
- Possess a versatile multi-disciplinary skills-set, an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and effective communication, team building, inter-personal, writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, preferably with the ability to work in both languages; and,
- IT Competence in the use of standard software such as MSWord, Power Point, Excel and Internet Explorer.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.