If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The ILO Office in Abuja covers Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Liaison office for ECOWAS provides technical and advisory services to the ILO Constituents (Government, Workers and Employers' Organizations) in these countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Level of Post: GS 6
Type of Contract: Fixed term Appointment
Duration of Post: Initial Three (3) Months (Pending Medical clearance). Thereafter, One year Fixed term
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with INFOTEC (Geneva) on behalf of the office for standard issues, special hardware and software request, network configuration and all other network administration issues.
- Train the personnel of the office in all standard software applications of the ILO. Provide frontline assistance and support for users.
- Ensure computers, printers and all IT related equipment are functional
- Liaise and interact with Regional IT unit and INFOTEC (HQ) on behalf of the office, on matters concerning hardware and software standards as well as network administration issues.
- Initiate the procurement of computer accessories, and parts for the office
- Maintain contact with suppliers for purchase of hardware and supplies.
- In charge of general administration of office inventory - both office computer and hardware equipment and software compliance in the office
- Ensure the ISP currently under contract with ILO-ABUJA provide the service according to the signed contract and follow up with prompt quarterly payments to ISP
- Maintain Desktops, laptops, printers, video conference system and any additional IT equipment to make sure they are operational when needed and who also report any problem detected and take the necessary action to prevent a service interruption
- Perform other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor
- Assure a regular update of computer against virus attack in line with ILO INFOTEC security policy
- Maintain an updated and audited log of incidents in track issues related to desktop, server, networking and security.
- Participate in the regular maintenance of ILO CO-Abuja website.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Six (6) years of experience in EDP applications and Computer Programming, Computer Operations and/or information management, including experience in analytical work related to the job.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of any other ILO working languages desirable.
- Good knowledge of several programming languages.
- Proven ability to conduct data file a analysis and manipulation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze user requirements and to prepare documentation and manuals.
- Thorough knowledge of data processing procedures and job control languages relevant to the computer operating systems of the office.
- Demonstrated ability to follow administrative computer procedures reliably (e.g. backups, data security and system operations).
- Demonstrated technical competence in network connections and services.
- Demonstrated competence in the usage of computer applications.
- Ability to perform office network administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems.
- Ability to edit program scripts.
- Ability to solve fairly complex problems related to computers.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure.
- Ability to train others on the use of new computer systems.
- Ability to organize own work.
- Must display a high standard of ethical conduct and exhibit honesty and integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and most recent CV's to: email@example.com
Click here to view details of UN Benefits and Entitlements