Jobs at The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Posted on: 20 August, 2015
Deadline: 1 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers. The "Movement" is made up of the following components: the International Committee of the Red Cross, the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
- Assists the WatHab delegate in the water and habitat related needs.
- Carries out field trips to operational areas.
- Designs project proposals and ensures the implementation of agreed works.
- Prepares tender and contract documents for approved projects.
- Trains and coaches technical staff of local National Red Cross Society branches according to the programs defined by the ICRC.
- Ensures a proper and close supervision, monitoring of the implementation of WatHab projects under the guidance of the WatHab Delegate
- Provides training support monitoring of partners (Nigerian Red Cross Society, technical departments of local authorities, and contractors as required.
- Attends to meetings with other actors involved in the field of water
- Bachelor Degree in Water Supply, Sanitation, Construction, Engineering or any related technical field
- 4-6 years of experience in water supply, sanitation. construction, engineering or similar technical position
- Additional vocational training in water supply. sanitation, construction, engineering or any related technical field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good command of Hausa language (Kanuri will be an asset)
- Expert level in computer skills
- Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction, local techniques and requirements for construction
- Experience in assessing, surveying, calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of buildings.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Responsible, able to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Willing to adapting and learn
- Team-work oriented with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organisational and planning skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/ beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedure
- Analytical Thinker
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures
go to method of application »
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in the discharge of his duties.
- Receives and carefully inspects items delivered by suppliers or ICRC Geneva.
- Is responsible for proper and careful storage of items in the warehouse and for packing end distribution from ICRC Maiduguri warehouse to the field.
- Ensures stock is in order, free from pest infection, clean and secure.
- Ensures that no goods are stored directly on the ground.
- Ensures daily adjusting of the Thermostat to maintain the adequate temperature at all times.
- Ensures that bin cards are attached to all batches.
- Organises and controls movement of goods IN & OUT and maintains accurate records.
- Identifies and delivers independently monthly and periodical inventories recorded on stock cards.
- Participate in the monthly and yearly inventory and is accountable for all discrepancies between actual and recorded stock balances on stock cards.
- Ensures the maintenance of the warehouse as well as its - infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, air conditioning).
Required Qualification and Experience
- High School Certificate
- 1-3 years similar work experience
- Good command of written and spoken English language
- Very good command of Hausa language.
- Good computer skills
- Good team-spirit
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently, capacity to take initiatives, ability to integrate changes in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Organized, punctual and reliable
- Sound ability to apply ICRC rules and working procedures
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate "Wathab Field Officer Maiduguri" as the subject of your application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Job Recruitment at Oxfam
- Advocacy and Policy Development Specialists at Save the Children Nigeria
- Graduate Communication Interns at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Latest Jobs at Medecins du Monde
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS)
- State Coordinators at TY Danjuma Foundation
- State Coordinator at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)