If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Axios, which comprises Axios International and the Axios Foundation, provides strategic consulting and implementation services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, health care providers and other governmental and non-governmental organizations to increase access to medicines, diagnostics and healthcare in emerging economies.
With more than 18 years of focused experience in access to care in emerging markets, Axios brings a number of unique advantages to its clients and partners:
- Proprietary methodologies and tools help formulate, manage and evaluate strategies and programs to deliver optimal results.
- Global network of decision-makers and key opinion leaders allowing for significant intervention capabilities and a comprehensive repository of local data and expertise.
- Multi-disciplinary teams of access strategy and implementation specialists across Africa, Asia, Latin America, U.S., Europe and the Middle East – specializing in health policy, economics and financing, laboratory and clinical management, drug logistics, social and epidemiological research, communications and human resources management.
Axios is recruiting for Supply Chain Specialists for a five-year USAID funded Global Health Supply Chain Project, GHSC-TA. This project aims to strengthen country management of health commodities, improve environments for health commodities, and facilitate country, regional and global coordination, to ensure the long-term availability of health commodities in public and private services worldwide. Highly motivated candidates with knowledge and experience in supply chain management, logistics and procurement for health commodities in low and middle-income countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
Highly motivated candidates with knowledge and experience in supply chain management, logistics and procurement for health commodities in low and middle-income countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have expertise in one or more of the following areas specifically related to supply chain management of pharmaceuticals and health commodities:
- Quantification and Forecasting
- Supply Planning
- Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Distribution and Transportation
- Health Waste Management
- Pharmaceutical and Commodity Selection
- Loss Prevention
- Supply Chain Design
- Data Collection
- Logistics Management Information Systems
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Capacity Building
- Commodity Financing
- Governance and Leadership
Please specify your area(s) of expertise in your application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop interventions to strengthen and improve health commodities supply chains.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to develop and tailor approaches and strategies for supply chain strengthening.
- Design and provide capacity building and training initiatives to improve supply chain, logistics, and procurement functions.
- Strengthen and foster enabling environments through improved governance and leadership, health commodities financing, and human resources development.
- Support the design and implementation of information systems to allow for improved data collection and usage, to promote improved decision making, planning, and procurement.
- Develop M&E plans to assess the impact and effectiveness of supply chain interventions.
Educational Background and Experience
- Graduate degree in supply chain management, international development, public health, or a related discipline or a BA and an additional five years of work experience.
- A minimum of seven years international experience strengthening supply chain systems in low- and middle-income countries, for global health programs.
- Substantive knowledge of and experience working in the USAID operating environment, including Agency programming and procedures in Washington and in the field.
- Professional certification(s) in procurement, logistics, and/or other relevant fields.
- Knowledge of or experience with global health partners who work on supply chain (WHO, UNICEF, GFATM, GAVI, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in global health areas including HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, FP, and RMNCH.
- Previous experience with USAID or USG funded programs preferred.
- Strong communications skills and fluency in English.
Axios is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.