The African Development Bank’s Field Office in Egypt (EGFO) was established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the government of Egypt, development partners, donors, the private sector, and the civil society. This dialogue is expected to enhance and foster the design of the Bank’s development policies and programs, as well as the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the country’s development policies and poverty reduction strategy. EGFO also seeks to assist and facilitate the execution of the core operational functions of the Bank Group in identifying, preparing, appraising and implementing projects and programs in Egypt, and follow-up with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, promotion of participatory approaches, alignment with country and regional priorities and enhancing impacts. EGFO invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Administrative and Finance Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Resident Representative, EGFO, and working in collaboration with the Finance and the General Services and Procurement units at Headquarters, the Administrative and Finance Assistant will maintain strict compliance with the Bank’s policies and guidelines, and assist in administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources and facilities keeping with procedures and the efficient use of resources. Other specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures and rules related to administrative, procurement, financial and personnel matters and ensure their compliance with the Bank’s rules;
- Timely preparation and updating of procurement plans for EGFO;
- Support to Country Office procurement processes including local market surveys and preparation of procurement requests in accordance with Bank rules and regulations by providing accurate information on prices, specifications, freight and source of local manufacturers/authorized dealers/ suppliers etc;
- Act as liaison between Egypt Field Office and the Government of Egypt, monitoring communication and follow through, status of information and documents between the Government and EGFO;
- Plan and carryout Country Office protocol and logistical functions related to EGFO missions/visitors and special events (participants, meeting and conferences);
- Preparing & maintaining the petty cash book;
- Assist in maintaining the accounting books and records of the EGFO;
- Assist in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the payment execution and monitoring payment status;
- Assist in preparing documents to monitor the use of the Office’s resources, schedules missions, short-term contracts, temporary staff; and ensuring that all contracts are performed accordingly;
- Assist in managing and maintaining the physical inventory of assets of the Country Office;
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Assist in managing inventories of the office supplies, and managing requisitions from Headquarters and local procurement, as the case may be;
- Maintenance of files related to personnel, finance, procurement, administrative, logistical, Programme/project matters;
- Checking vehicle logs and preparation of the draft vehicle history reports and maintenance plans
- In addition to the above, performs any other additional duties as may be directed by Resident Representative.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, accounting, and/or finance;
- Practical experience of at least 6 years in administrative and financial accounting as well as the full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance;
- The last 3 years’ working experience should be relevant and practical and gained as an accountant or finance assistant, preferably with an international organization, and /or donors.
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint), with Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, with knowledge of French as an advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.