Plantation Manager at CA Global
Posted on: 19 August, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at CA Global
Our aim is to find exceptional and trustworthy executives to lead our clients’ business operations in Africa. CA Global has placed over 1000 executives and senior level management staff in Africa since 2007 and 80% of our work is repeat business. Our methodology and business model is based on extensive experience and knowledge of the African markets.
When partnering with our clients, we incorporate their strategic, financial and operational requirements into our search assignments to provide the best fit for their current needs. CA Global specialises in conducting executive search and headhunting assignments for Diaspora, Local or Expatriate Candidates from our international network and referral base.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the company in West Africa, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of one plantation comprising 11,400 ha of a 35,000 ha concession.
- Full responsibility for optimizing production capabilities in a commercially astute way
- Oversee the overall growth of the business
- Build shareholder value and interact & manage stakeholders that include government, communities and major customers.
- Implement tight financial controls in a volatile commodity market
- Assume accountability for all workforce issues
- Take overall responsibility for the management of this plantation, in collaboration with other managers, both on and off this operation.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Senior management experience in the agro-industrial sector with a track record of commercial success on the African continent.
- Experience of palm oil and rubber cultivation is a plus, although experience of similar plantation crops is acceptable.
- Insight into the functioning of agro-industrial factories, a strong set of commercial skills and experience of working with unionized labour is sought.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with proven leadership and diplomatic skills, high energy levels and maturity.
- Able to adapt to a remote location and the character to embrace challenges with enthusiasm and integrity is ideal.
- Full expat package
- Remote location, no schooling facilities
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CA GlobalSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Rubber Estates Nigeria Limited (RENL)
- Jobs at Saro Lifecare
- Finance Manager at Management Alternatives Limited
- Agricultural Extension Agents at Thrive Agric
- Knowledge Transfer Manager at East-West Seed