If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Murtala Muhammed Foundation established the Skills Development Training Program to serve as a catalyst of change in the African landscape. This training program is aimed at developing the minds of individuals to achieve excellence in their chosen fields of endeavors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Grant Officer
- The position of a grant officer is a unique opportunity to work closely with the Program Coordinator to develop and implement a successful strategy for getting grants and growing the Murtala Muhammed Foundation.
- You shall be expected to oversee all aspects of funds generation and grant writing functions for the Foundation with a goal of maintaining a healthy cash flow and establishing new partners.
Your Areas of responsibility include international grants application, corporate and foundation development, major gifts, special events, direct mail, planned giving and donor relations while performing the following duties:
- Draft and apply for international grant opportunities for the Foundation
- Develop and implement capacity development programs that shall secure funding for the Foundation
- Lead corporate development and major gifts; prospect for leads, develop corporate/individual giving proposals, meet with prospective donors and secure donations
- Manage events and staff associated with planning and holding special event fundraisers
- Develop and implement "donor relations" activities that provide appreciation and recognition to our donors
- Secure cash and non-cash outright gifts and tangible personal property
- Establish appropriate marketing strategies to locate donor prospects
- Develop sustainable strategies that shall secure funding for the Foundation.
- Communicate regularly on issues relating to financial management of grants, contracts and restricted funds
- Maintain accurate documentation for all activities and tasks associated with grants
- Monitor progress of grants and recommend or take appropriate corrective action to ensure all goals, objectives, timelines and budget requirements are met
- Monitor, track and analyze successful and unsuccessful proposal submissions and propose mechanisms to increase success rate
Qualifications and Requirements
- A bachelor's degree and Upper credit in Marketing, social development, public relations or any related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as a grant officer in a non for profit organization.
- Proven track record of revenue generation in a non for profit organization
- The ideal candidate should be outgoing, confident, persuasive communicators and have excellent writing skills.
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Must be able to give effective presentations
- Must be able to use the Microsoft suite effectively
- Excellent Marketing Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com