With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications. Learn more about Oracle http://oracle.com/us/corporate
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Regular Employee Hire
The Presales Consultant will provide the technical leadership and business consultative services during pre and post sales cycle. This role is a key resource in the definition of feasible Solution Architecture and their validation through a functional proof of concept or successful delivery of projects to realize the full value of the Oracle product technology footprint. This role requires an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, its operating model and business challenges, together with the technology available for creating a fully integrated, successful business solution.
• Develops strategies, policies and best practices to our customers
• Develops and cultivates strong client relationships
• Provides technical leadership during the implementation of an engagement
• Participates in the installation and integration of an Oracle solution
• Total awareness of existing or potential clients technology and business platform (software/systems)
• Proactively alerts relevant team of potential problems and solutions
• Knowledgeable of competitors’ products
• Supports the design and development of the technical content defined in the statement of work
• Designs the Oracle Systems solution and prepares the technical architecture and implementation design documents
• Develops and articulates solutions based on a client’s strategic business and technical requirements
• Leads project quality assurance activities, including performing Quality Assurance reviews
• Defines and manages the overall technical solution for a technology project covering both functional and non-functional requirements across multiple teams
• Provides input to system capacity planning activity, and provides sizing and design of the infrastructure
• Provides status reports to senior stakeholders
• Acts as evangelist for Oracle Red Stack and our ability to deliver technical infrastructure that will support it
• Works closely with Sales, Presales and Support
• Contributes to the generation and maintenance of Value Propositions of the solution
• Supports the account team in providing real-world experience, references, and credibility to the customer regarding the feasibility of the proposed solution.
• Cloud technology
• Experience in Enterprise Integration across Telecoms and FSI
• At least 10 years Systems Integration experience
• Experience in complex design and integration
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels from Senior Executive to Systems Administration
• An understanding of the stakeholder political pressures on clients and projects
• Ability to monitor and deal with critical paths and risks areas
• Exposures to Architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, Oracle Enterprise Architecture Framework or in-house
• Takes ownership and demonstrates initiative through problem identification and resolution
• Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of: Networking, Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance, CPU architecture (Intel, SPARC) and Server Virtualization, Storage, Databases, Middleware
To apply for this position, click here