Job Vacancy in a British-Style Primary School
Posted on: 18 August, 2015
Deadline: 25 August, 2015
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A friendly and caring international learning community managing a British-style primary school established over 60 years
ago) located in Ikoyi, Lagos is looking for eligible candidates to apply for the position of Finance Manager to lead its recently
repositioned finance functions and operations. The successful candidate will be administratively reporting to the Head
Teacher and functionally reporting to the Board of Management Finance Committee of the school.
- Leading the instituion's finance team
- Implementing the overall strategic direction of the finance department of the institution including the Preparation of annual budget and cash forecast and planning process
- Ensuring strict adherence to the school's financial policies and processes indudingthe management of school's compliance requirements
- Monthly preparation of management accounts and cash flow projections and bank reconciliation.
- Management of the treasury functions, including suppliers/vendor records
- Management of the Account Chart, the general ledger, the subsidiary ledgers and preparation of the financial statements
- Serve as the point of contact for external auditors
- Supporting the Board of Management Finance Committee and Head Teacher with day to day financial management of the school.
- Good Interpersonal skills and people management
- Ability to properly strategtze to achieve results and work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and commercial reporting skill.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite and accounting applications
- Strong verbal and written communication
Educational/Professional Qualification and Experience
- Professional Accounting Qualification and Membership (preferably ACA, ACCA,ICAEW or any other relevant professional qualification)
- First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Upper or its equivalent preferably in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as Accounting, Economics. Banking & Finance; Business Administration or any other related discipline)
- A post graduate degree in relevant discipline would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience of which at least 4 years must have been in a managerial capacity in a reputable organisation
- Experience in the educanonal Insritutions or related services will be an added advantage
- Age: 32-45 years
Method of Application
Remuneration: competitive within the industry standard. Interested applicants should apply via email and attach their let-
ter of application, Curriculum Vitae specifying personal e-mail address and day time phone numbers, to email@example.com quoting the reference number both on the application letter and as subject of your e-mail.
Application closes 1 week after this publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Head of Learning Support at Greensprings School
- Teachers at The British International School
- Teaching Assistant in a Nursery School in Yaba
- Fresh Jobs at Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State
- IELTS Examiners at The British Council
- $70 Million worth of Scholarships already awarded. Apply for a UNICAF Scholarship Today!
- Voice Instructor (Vocal Coach) at Mikary Music Academy
- Latest Jobs at Diadem College