Job Opportunity At Norwegian Refugee Council
Posted on: 18 August, 2015
Deadline: 31 August, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
In light of the increase in violence since the beginning of 2014 that has triggered a massive wave of displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors.
NRC is seeking a Protection and Advocacy Adviser (PAA) for NRC Nigeria 2015 to strengthen NRC's response to prioritized advocacy and protection issues.
The PAA reports to the Country Director.
- Ensure that NRC’s global advocacy and protection strategies and policies are implemented
- Ensure that protection, advocacy and gender is mainstreamed into the overall country strategy
- Strengthen NRC's response to prioritized country advocacy and protection issues both within the country and internationally
- Provide timely and context specific information to internal and external stakeholders
- Support and train programme staff to mainstream protection and do-no-harm into their projects and activities
- Ensure that core competency staff identify and respond to prioritised advocacy and protection concerns
- Play an active and strategic role in the humanitarian community to strengthen the advocacy and protection response in accordance with the country strategy
- Support to the protection working group
- Provide protection and conflict analysis
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Protection and Advocacy Adviser/Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Professional knowledge of humanitarian and protection principles
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Method of Application
- Commencement: September 2015
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Abuja with travel to the field. Abuja is not a family duty station,
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
To apply, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)Similar Jobs
- Food Security & Livelihood Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Communications Interns at Education as a Vaccine
- Job Openings at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Vacancies at The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Graduate Officer, Village Health Worker (Gates Project) at Society For Family Health (SFH)
- Youth Data Reporters at Education as a Vaccine
- Finance and Administration Directors at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)