Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
To ensure implementation of the M&E plan for the Nutrition Program, including monitor progress against activity and critical milestones as well as providing support and guidance to STAs, LTAs and Government counterpart
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:Build capacities of MOH staff on M&E
- Support identification of requirements for building the capacity of staff at the state and local government level to assess policy and programming outcomes
- Support SNO and LGA PHC team to provide training on M&E to programme implementers (communities, facilities staff)
- Support and coach SNO and LGA PHC teams to supervise activities, ensuring quality and trustfulness of data at the facility and community level
- Support SNO and LGA PHC department on data compilation, analysis and reporting, ensuring programme data informs strategy and implementation
- In collaboration with SNO and LGA PHC team provide on the job training and coaching for staff in the facilities
Provide M&E technical support to STAs and LTAs
- Identify training needs and train staff according programme plan or ad-hoc
- Provide day-to-day technical support and advice to STAs and LTAs to ensure adherence to common frameworks and validity and accuracy of data collected
Support data monitoring, analysis and reporting at the State level
- Participate in the preparation of programme monitoring and evaluation tools
- In collaboration with MOH and relevant SC staff ensure timely data compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Carry out regular data quality assessments according to M&E plan
- Ensure M&E tools are always available at the implementation level
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Evaluate regularly the impact of the activities and propose changes for improvement
Ensure timely reporting, adherence to programme strategy and coordination within programme and with authorities at the State/LGA level
- Provide quality reports to the State TA according to the defined M&E plan
- Ensure regular communication and sharing of constraints/successes with State TA.
- In collaboration with the State counterpart, prepare monthly summaries for submission to authorities with validation of State TA.
- Contribute to strategy formulation for progress of the programme in consultation with the State/LGA teams and other stakeholders linked to M&E.
- Participate and collaborate for effective coordination within the programme (i.e. with state and other targeted LGAs).
- Participate in meetings, training and other assessment/events as required by the State TA.
- Ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to by reporting to the base manager on operational issues.
Provide technical assistance/advice to other SCI programmes as directed by the line manager In collaboration with other technical staff, provide support and advise to other projects or activities of the country programme.SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or Economic
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3- 5 Years’ experience of monitoring and evaluation in a DFID, EU, or USAID development program
- Working knowledge of statistical packages i.e. SPSS, STATA, Excel and Microsoft access
- Strong analytic skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations’ staff
- Strong communications skill
- Good command of English and Hausa languages.
- A professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in any social science field, Statistics, Mathematics, health economics or epidemiology
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Broad understanding of rights and development issues, international relations and the international humanitarian systems.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.ProgramsVacancy@savethechildren.org; on or before August 31, 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale