We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Pic the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories. Among the incredible portfolio is the Guinness Trademark (Foreign Extra Stout & Extra Smooth), Premium Lagers (Harp lager, Satzenbrau Pilsner & Armstrong Dark Ale), Nigeria's #1 Malt drink, Malta Guinness & the worlds leading Ready to Drink brands (Smirnoff Ice & Gordon’s Spark)
Our vision is to be the most celebrated business in Nigeria. To help us realise this we this we are committed to world-class standards in procurement. That’s where you come in we are now seeking highly computent & experienced professionals to join our procurement team.
Category Manager –ATL & Sponsorships (REF NO: 25793BR)
Responsible for the development of sttetching category strategies that clearly qeliver brand growth by Assuring, Protecting and Creating value for'all areas of above the line, Media(Planning, buying and management), sponsorship, and relationship marketing.
• Implementation of Head of Procurement -designated key projects through effective project management, utilising appropriate e-procurement tools to maximise speed, efficiency and drive of benefits e.g. e-RFI's e-RFP's, e-auctions, spend analysis.
• Work with Media Agencies/partners to secure best timings and rates for programming deals.
• Develop and agree Agency (Media, PR, Creative, advertising) Work Plans and partner with legal to develop Agency Contracts.
• Develop and implement Standard Media Operating Procedure to improve media administration.
• Lead monitoring & control of media and OOH campaigns to ensure value for money
• Lead outdoor auditing, electronic media monitoring and execution of initiatives to improve compliance
• Develop and agree Agency (Media, PR, Creative, advertising) Work Plans and partner with Legal to develop Agency Contracts.
• Champion and embed compliance of Diageo Marketing Code with the Media, PRO and creative Agencies
-First Degree is mandatory.
-Minimum of 7 years commercial experience,Specialist media planning & Buying experience gained in a 'Media – buying' organization with demonstrated direct responsibility fpr managing multi-billion Naira media budget (Experience gathered from advertising agency will be of advantage)
-Strong Negotiation Skills
-minimum of 3 years procurement experience is essential coverial all procurement imperatives (quality, service, cost, risk, growth support, innovation)
-Analytical and numerical skills
-previous experience of working with or closely with an FMCG procurement Function (prior sap experience an advantage) for an extended period.
-Have a flair for field work and travels
Strategic Category Manager Cereals (REF NO: 25794BR)
Management of nominated category in line with Diageo's procurement imperatives: - Risk Management. Quality, Service, Cost, Innovation/growth, Corporate Citizenship
• Develop strategic category management approach to key spend areas to deliver security of supply; maintaining requisite quality; protecting brand reputation and optimum cost
• Develop and implement agreed strategy for managing price volatility in base commodity spend, and ensure fast and accurate reporting of risks and impacts of commodity price movements
• Development of annual AOP and supporting projects to deliver agreed targets
• Ensure appropriate contractual agreements exist within the category to minimise the risk to Diageo.
• Ensure compliance with legal and industry regulations e.g. GMO, traceability,etc
• University Degree in Agricultural/Biological Science or commercially biased discipline
• Accredited Purchasing qualification desirable (CIPS/MBA)
• Must have 3 - 4 years experience which should include the following:
•Significant Procurement responsibilities in a leading edge company
•Experience with agricultural products, traded commodities and of developing and operating Price Risk management policies to manage spend within Governance guidelines
•Weather data interpretation/management
How Do I Take Advantage Of This Rare Opportunity?
Log on to www.diageo.com
& click on 'careers' Click on Search & Apply'
Click on 'Search openings' go to 'key word' (Box 5) and enter the Ref No Click 'search'
Click 'view job(s)' to read the detailed job profile Click on 'submit to job(s)' to submit your Cv.
Please note that the closing date for submission of Applications is 28th December 2010