If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client, a reputable Law firm situated in Lagos is looking to fill the following positions:
- Accountant - Real estate
- Legal Counsel - Real Estate
Our client, a reputable Law firm situated in Lagos is looking for an experienced Accounting Executive to ensure timely and accurate reporting which is fully compliant with all the accounting policies.
The Accounting Executive will have a background in Manufacturing. There are huge opportunities in this fast growing sector which they dominate. Excellent training provided and good career opportunities into the team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure accurate and complete posting of the Company’s inventory in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintain all records of taxation activities including tax liabilities and payments and provide adequate proof of remittances for tax audit exercises.
- Prepare and ensure prompt rendition of personal income tax.
- Process staff loans and personal advances.
- Prepare client billing schedule and submit invoice to clients.
- Maintain ageing report of outstanding liabilities to third-party entities and provide relevant explanations as required.
- Prepare periodic reports on all invoices processed and received.
- Review requests and supporting documents to ensure validity, accuracy and completeness.
- Update the financial records of the business as appropriate, including invoices, vendor accounts, fixed assets, inventory and other GL accounts.
- Respond to internal and third-party enquires regarding payments processing.
- Ensure accuracy of computations on salary schedule.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
A minimum of 5 - 8 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience
in accounting or audit related functions
Practical use of Peachtree and Microsoft Excel
A professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
Proficient in Business Writing
Good leadership skills
Positive attitude and energy
Ability to work with little or no supervision
Effective written and oral communication
Willingness to learn
Meticulous attention to details
Commitment to achieving excellence.
go to method of application »
Our client, a reputable Law firm situated in Lagos is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to provide legal advice to clients in the areas of:
- Legal Advice
- Drafting and reviewing of Agreement
- Court Appearance
- Legal Research
- Intellectual Property
The legal Counsel Represent clients in litigations and other legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, and manage or advise clients on legal transactions.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct legal research and gathering of evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Broad, overview experience in intellectual property law, including patent law, licensing of IP rights and IP due diligence.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Perform administrative, Secretarial and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm's suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism and likely cost;
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department;
- Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
- Issuing of engagement letters to clients;
- Ensuring prompt approval of draft/work submitted;
- Mastering case file and contributing to court presentation;
- Ensuring case files are neatly ordered;
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received;
- Supervising processing of record of proceeding/court orders;
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Good Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Feedback &Reporting skills
- Reading and Writing skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Collaboration Skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) degree from a recognised University.
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) degree from Law School.
- LLM degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years post-law school required.
- Have experience in conducting and managing litigation confidently with limited
- Supervision and have a sound understanding and awareness of litigation processes and the application of civil procedure rules (essential)
- Sound staff management experience (desirable)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Use links below to apply