Executive Secretary at University of Lagos Alumni Association
Posted on: 14 September, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at University of Lagos
Our client, the University of Lagos Alumni Association is seeking an experienced Executive Secretary to manage the association. This is a one of a kind opportunity for the ES to collaborate and partner with a smart and innovative team.
A substantial portion of the Executive secretary's position is related to event logistics and execution, fundraising, and public relations. The ideal candidate must be able to independently create, produce and manage the Alumni's events, flawlessly executing them through detailed planning.
- Work closely with the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association, arranging its meetings, staffing its committees and ensuring strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and administrative leadership.
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the Association’s strategic plan, as well as the goals of the Association in collaboration with colleagues within the Office of Advancement and other related units within the University; develop and submit for approval by the Executive Committee annual strategic and operating plans.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs.
- Partner with Director of Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the admissions process; partner with the Dean of Student Services to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and alumni.
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser's Edge and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni Relations; within the annual program budget, manage existing and/or additional alumni programs, services, and communications.
- Raise funds for select special projects and events in collaboration with Development colleagues
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Results orientation
- Personal mastery
- Analytical thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Conflict management
- Cultural awareness
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A good first degree from a reputable university(preferably a UNILAG Alumni)
- Professional qualification/membership of a recognized body.
- A Minimum of 15 years experience in corporate communications, branding, alumni relations or external affairs.
- Experience in organizing events
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication both verbal and written.
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituent database
- Extensive Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the Institute, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about University of LagosSimilar Jobs
- Front Desk Officer/ Receptionist at Imaginations School
- Customer Care Deputy Manager at Bridge International Academies
- Job Openings at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Training School Administrator at Jemi Neil Consulting
- Current Job Placements at Meadow Hall Consult
- Vice President of Finance at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Senior Relationship Manager at the University of Sunderland
- Student Counselor at PFL Education