The Program Manager will provide programmatic support to SPRING/Nigeria towards accomplishing its country goals, objectives and targets. The Program Manager works in close collaboration with the SPRING Chief of Party, Head of Nutrition SCI, Senior Nutrition Advisor SCI, SPRING Nutrition Coordinators, and other SPRING/Nigeria country program and administrative staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In consultation with the SPRING/Nigeria Chief of Party, Head of Nutrition, Senior Nutrition Advisor, and other technical staff, executes strong program management skills to ensure success of the SPRING/Nigeria nutrition project.
- Ensures project is meeting targets and objectives and that all deliverables produced and implementation activities in the field are of high quality. Utilizes projection tools and instructs the project how to stay on target; keeps the CoP, Head of Nutrition, and Senior Nutrition Advisor informed on project progress.
- Supported by the CoP and Head of Nutrition, assists with planning and monitoring of activities as per the donor approved annual work-plan.
- Supported by the HoN and Awards Manager, responsible for budget management of the SCI SPRING budget; this includes, expenditure or advances approvals, timely submission of forecasts, budget monitoring and analysis.
- Contributes to the development of programmatic resource materials, including guidelines, training manuals, curricula and job aids, as necessary.
- Works with the CoP, Head of Nutrition, and Senior Nutrition Advisor on SPRING/Nigeria as an advocate and partner in key project activities, including participation at key forums and meetings, as needed.
Capacity Building for Project Staff
- Coaches the SPRING technical team on planning, adherence to approved workplans and analysis of achievements related to plans
- Strengthens capacities of the SPRING technical team on financial planning and forecasting
- Support the M&E specialist and SPRING team on data collection and analysis.
Program Operations Support
- Provides timely reports, documents, proposals, and updates to the CoP, Head of Nutrition and other SPRING staff as requested.
- Works to collect nutrition success stories from the field and ensures information is shared across all stakeholders.
- Reviews and refines documents/outputs produced by SPRING/Nigeria staff and consultants.
- Attend SPRING/Nigeria programme meetings and keep Head of Nutrition, Program Manager, and Senior Nutrition Advisor up to date.
Staff Management & Development
- Supervises and supports 8 Nutrition Coordinators in the implementing states and follows up on state activities to ensure that implementation is going on as per approved annual and monthly work-plans and timelines.
- Provide support to staff and promote learning based on the nutrition project objectives and activities through strong leadership, mentoring and coaching of the SPRING NCs.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined and understood by ensuring all staff have a detailed, updated JD as well as performance objectives set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the project to take on ownership of the project through a, participatory approach to planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place and provide regular support, supervision and implementation of other staff management processes including staff performance management.
- With support from the Head of Nutrition and HR ensure that staff training requirements are identified and staff are given every opportunity to increase their competencies, capacities and own personal development.
Save the Children Representation and Proposal Development
- Represent SPRING and Save the Children with external partners as required.
- Support planning for each FY and workplan development according to the donor’s priorities and identified needs.
- Support proposal development, including budgets, for funding both to maintain and expand Save the Children’s work and influence within the nutrition sector.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies, comply strictly to security procedures and other staff policies.
Place of Work*The post will be based in Abuja, but will require approximately 50% time traveling in other States.*
- Academic/professional qualification at post graduate level, MSc, MPH or equivalent.
- At least 7 years experience in program management.
- Fluent English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to write for a range of audiences and purposes, including superior presentation skills.
- Substantial operational experience and a track record of success on public health programming, including nutrition.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Experience in working across multiple partners and government.
- Proven capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and work-plans.
- Ability to translate programmatic information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these using print, electronic, and presentation media.
- Proven track record that demonstrates leadership skills, project management, budget and resource management experience, and client relationship management capability.
- Diplomatic and good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Ability to effectively work independently and outside of conventional office environments, if needed.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness.
- Proficient in word processing, presentations and spreadsheet computer packages. Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s values and mission.
Method of Application
To apply for any of these positions kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.ProgramsVacancy@savethechildren.org; on or before August 28, 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale