United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
VN No: VN-NGR-54-2015
Yola, Adamawa State
Purpose of the Consultancy
- To support the implementation and monitoring of the pilot project on the integration of HTC in Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) services using a Provider initiated testing and Counselling (PITC) approach m Adamawa state.
- The PITC pilot will be carried out in 25 primary healthcare centres (PHCs) which currently serve as CMAM sites.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Conduct weekly on-site mentoring of healthcare workers in carrying out HTC at CMAM sites
- Conduct weekly program monitoring visits at project sites and facilitate follow-up actions
- Ensure availability and use of appropriate M&E tools to capture HIV and nutrition data at project sites
- Collate and analyze service data from project sites monthly
- Facilitate quarterly implementation review meetings
- Facilitate quarterly joint monitoring visits
- Support mobilization of state partners for project implementation
- Basic university degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences or related field.
- Five years or more experience in program planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation in the field of HIV in particular HIV Testing and Counselling.
- Experience in HIV Testing and Counselling service delivery is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of nutritional interventions in children and CMAM is a plus.
- Up to date knowledge on global/ national HTC, EID, and paediatric ART guidelines
- Data analysis skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Application should be sent to: email@example.com Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form