Current Job Opening at IPAS
Posted on: 13 August, 2015
Deadline: 26 August, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at IPAS
lpas, a global non-profit health organization working in Nigeria, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- The Driver position is responsible for meeting the transportation needs of the project as assigned.
- In accordance with supervisors instructions, transports in-country employees and visitors within the city and surrounding area.
- Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventive nature. Completes trip tickets and mileage. Collects and deliver mails around the city
- This is a full-time position based in Abeokuta, Ogun state and is available for immediate start.
- Fulfill the transport needs and carry out the driving requirements of the office as directed
- Convey staff to the various places and destinations as they may need to visit in the course of their work.
- Facilitate the transfer of visitors to/from their respective hotels to the office as well as airport transfers upon request.
- Ensure the safety of staff and visitors by driving safely at all times.
- Record all trips in the vehicle log-book.
- Ensure vehicles always have sufficient fuel; manage vehicle fuel cards and maintain proper logs of trips made. Confirm card usage and reconcile fuel bills before sending to finance for payment processing.
- Ensure security of vehicles.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the Interior and exterior.
- Ensure vehicles are kept in good working order; regularly check lights, Indicators, brakes, tire pressure, oil, battery and radiator and report any defects to the supervisor.
- Conduct trips using the shortest possible route and avoid unnecessary deviations and multiple tops to minimize mileage and time wastage
- Follow the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notify the supervisor immediately and render assistance where necessary
- In liaison with the supervisor, ensure that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable outlets
- Display good road manners and obey all traffic regulations. Stop only where it is safe to do so
- Understand that use of vehicles for personal trips by self or other staff is prohibited
- Run official errands as directed, pay office bills, collect and deliver packages/mail from the post office. Make bank deposits upon request by the finance team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Position
- Completion of elementary school
- Must have a valid driving license
- A minimum of one year of driving experience in the south-west of Nigeria
- Must be resident in Ogun State.
- Must have basic skills in vehicle maintenance; ability to do simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle
- Must be conversant with all traffic regulations and the Highway Code.
- Must be ready to make long distance trips
- Basic skills in office operating systems is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com Application should be sent with the title "Driver-Ogun"
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IPASSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
- TA - Nutrition Officer, NOB at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- WASH Consultant - Reduction of Newborn Sepsis Pilot Program at Save the Children Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Plan international
- Prevention Program Manager at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
- Executive Assistant to the Country Director/Board Liaison Advisor at ActionAid Nigeria
- Latest Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Loan Officer at Midas Touch Empowerment Initiative