We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
* The Country Head of Segments and Products is to be the country subject matter expert on financial crime regulation and Regional policy to the business, and to escalate issues appropriately with the business at a portfolio level.
* Be accountable for implementing and maintaining the FCC management framework in the country business segments together with the country FCC Segments & Products team
* Establish a structure to deliver effective advice to the businesses and country FCC
* Assist in implementing the Sanctions/ ABC program in the country
* Provide client and product advice to the business based on subject matter expertise
* Ensure effective escalation within the businesses in the region
* Ensure that the Regional Policy is rolled out in the country and that country policies are adapted to local regulatory requirements
* Support efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders
Leadership and Management
* Provide leadership and guidance to the Segments and Products FCC team
* Develop skilled resources within the Segments and Products FCC team who can contribute to the management of FCC
* Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the Bank
Knowledge Development and Information Management
* Provide training to the business in terms of knowledge and mitigation measures for the various client segments and products to the business
* Ensure resources are equipped with the relevant skills and capabilities to execute their tasks diligently and proficiently
* Partner closely with the Regional FCC Head of Segments and Products and their teams, ensuring that country policies are in compliant with Regional standards, and dealing with country issues as they come up
* Ensure through engagement with business management that there is adequate support in the businesses for necessary FCC controls, including people and systems
* Support the business in managing regulatory relationships where FCC issues are a problem
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.