RTI International independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition, with a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park
RTI international implements a five year, USAID-funded, local governance project aimed at improving governance and service delivery in Bauchi and Sokoto States.
We are seeking for a highly qualified professional in our Bauchi office for the position of Senior Technical Manager. The Senior Technical Manager will provide technical leadership and quality control for the result-oriented technical teams and crosscutting technical staff. The candidate we seek is a senior Governance Specialist who has expertise in project management in the areas of systems strengthening at the LGA level, capacity building for participatory planning and budgeting of public funds, civil society capacity building and working with local governments to improve the delivery of services to people. The position is at grade 11 and reports to the Senior Director of Programme.
Senior Technical Manager
• Project management and strategic thinking and implementation.
• Project monitoring consistent with required results.
• Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues.
• Work closely with the Senior Director of Programme to understand and meet project needs and requirements.
• Provides reports on program status and implementation issues.
• Contributes to quarterly and annual reports to LEAD
• Supervision of Senior Technical Specialists.
• Other duties as assigned.
A Degree plus 12 years or Masters Degree plus 9 years relevant experience. A minimum of 5years experience working with local governments or civil society preferably in Northern Nigeria. Excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point and Excel. Ability to work under pressure and in team environment.
Please email your cover letter and CV in reverse chronological order (including email and phone contact) to email@example.com no later 24th December, 2010. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.