eRecruiter Nigeria has deep knowledge of Human resources and recruitment. Our business is in Talent acquisition, recruitment, outsourcing and everything that revolves around Talent. From acquisition to testing return on investment (ROI) on talent and everything in between. Our goal is to re-define the Nigerian recruitment industry.
Our client is a leading investment management firm in Nigeria, four core business areas; Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Trading and Investment Research. The company deploys a full range of capital raising and financial advisory services to meet the needs of corporate and institutional clients. They are currently engaged in several high profile transactions in Agriculture, Power, Oil & Gas, Technology and Financial Services. An opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Associate - Financial Control
The Financial Control Associate provides both operational and advisory service to the CFO and Executive Management. He/She supports the CFO to supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The Finance Control Associate reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and advises on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the CFO and Executive Management on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Work with other dept. heads to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by CFO, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 3 years experience in Stockbroking, investment banking or commercial bank
- Must be a chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- IFRS knowledge is mandatory
- Knowledge of use of accounting software e.g SAP will be an advantage
- SEC sponsored individual will be a clear advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of financial modelling
- Ability to think strategically
- A detailed understanding of the Nigerian capital markets, the Nigerian Securities and Exchange commission rules and the Nigerian business environment
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations effectively
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency level in the use of Microsoft office tools especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A strong team player
- Strong leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with detailed CVs to email@example.com