If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Established in 2006, Accion Microfinance Bank has a mission, “To economically empowermicro-entrepreneurs and low-income earners by providing financial services in asustainable, ethical and profitable manner.” The bank which has a license tooperate nationally in Nigeria, has an extensive branch network where customershave easy access to various products and services that include savings, loans,micro-insurance and e-commerce.
With a total asset baseof over N5 billion as at December 2014, Accion Microfinance Bank is the safeand strong microfinance bank positioned to serve her ever increasing customershaving disbursed over N32bn in loans to over 163,000 customer accounts sinceinception. AccionMicrofinance Bank has solid shareholder investments from three major banks –Ecobank, Zenith Bank and Citi Bank – as well as International FinanceCorporation, a member of the World Bank and Accion Investments - all of whichcontribute to its strong financial base and allow it to service anever-increasing number of customers. The bank’s corporate citizenship focuses on education, in which donations of educational materials and supplies are madeto pupils of public primary schools.
Accion Microfinance Bank has won several awards including the EFInA Award for thefinancial service provider that has deepened financial inclusion in Nigeria,the Lagos State Enterprise (LEAD) award for Best Microfinance Bank in LagosState multiple times, and the LEAD Centenary MFB of the Year, for its impact onsocio-economic development, contributions to sustainable development, and itscommitment to financial inclusion in Nigeria. In 2012, Accion Microfinance Bank wasvoted “Top 5 Company for Outstanding Workplace Practices in Nigeria” as well asthe Most Outstanding Microfinance Bank in ICT Usage at the Africa Digital Forum& Awards 2014.
ACCION Microfinance Bank (AMfB) is recruiting to fill the position of Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Reports to: Head, Human Resources
Division: Human Resources
Job type: Permanent
Expected Start Date: 1st September, 2015
The job holder is responsible formanaging the end-to-end talent acquisition process (planning, sourcing,selection, hiring, pre-joining) for all positions across the Bank. The involvesdeveloping appropriate sourcing strategies resulting in optimum utilization ofresources and reduction in recruitment cost while focusing on hiring qualitytalent and building a diverse talent pool for future business hiring needs.
- Recruit and screenapplicants– Receive hiring request from supervisor. Communicate with supervisor as neededto determine the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.Determine the best recruitment and selection techniques based on this data. Interview qualified applicants to narrow theapplicant pool. Refer qualified applicants to appropriate supervisor uponcompletion of screening process. Ensure compliance with all labour laws.
- Develop recruitmentplans and coordinate recruitment activities – Determine the required knowledge,skills and abilities for the position to be filled. Develop the best method to achieverecruitment goals such as placing ads, coordinating media to be used, attendingjob fairs, etc. Document responses to recruitment methods in order to monitorand track effective methods.
- Extend offer ofemployment– Extend offer of employment contingent upon pre-employment medical screenresults, applicant background check and reference checks. Extend written offerof employment, coordinate employment start dates, address new hire questionsand concerns, and confirm salary and benefits for new employees.
- Conduct employeeorientation– Schedule and coordinate new employee orientation sessions. Communicate andexplain organizational policies, practices and procedures. Address any employeequestions or concerns. Developorientation methods as needed.
- Counsel managers – Advise managers ofappropriate selection techniques and evaluation methods. Review managerialhiring decisions to ensure compliance with labour laws and regulations. Communicate with managers throughout theselection and evaluation process and provide guidance as needed.
- Coordinate employeetransfers and separations – Communicate with employees and managers to determine anddocument reasons for separation. Ensure that all labour laws are abided by. Scheduleand conduct exit interviews. Maintain and analyse turnover records. Communicate separation trends tomanagement. Complete annual turnoverreports.
- Ensure validity ofrequired tests– Ensure tests are related to a job’s required knowledge, skills and abilities.Document test results to verify validity and maintain records in order toanalyse validity of data. Perform statistical analysis and authorise internalselection methods based on confirmed validity.
- Ensure strong employerbrand –Build strong internal and external relationships resulting in increasedemployer branding and awareness.Maintainan up to date “Profile Bank” to fulfil any potential requirements within theleast possible timeframe.
- Optimizethe use of social media for passive candidate sourcing and proactively buildinga robust candidate pipeline for frequent and critical roles.
- Prepare recruitment reports to keep tab on costs involved, timelines for recruiting etc.
- Work on improving employee experience by promoting company career growth initiatives, encouraging referrals etc
Qualification and Experience:
Degrees & Education
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource/Industrial Relations or any related discipline
- Professional Certification from CIPM, HRCI or CIPD would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to articulate ACCION Microfinance Bank’s employment value proposition
- Able to work in a fast paced business environment and deliver withintight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in applying leading recruitment practices andcompetency/behavioural based assessment techniques and adept with using avariety of recruiting technologies to source talent.
- Experience in servicing Service Level Agreements
- Experience in working with recruitment agencies, external parties andcandidates direct in terms of attracting talent
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, of which 3 years MUST be in conductingend to end recruitment for entry level to high profile positions in thetelecoms, and /or financial services industry.
- Proven research and analytical skills and ability to makerecommendations based on information gathered and sound judgement.
- Communication skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Very competitive and attractive, depending onqualification and experience (N3.0m– N6.0m per annum)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org