The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN), a leading indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels, is facilitating the search for a FMOH NigeriaQual Software Engineer and FMOH NigeriaQual Support Officer to support the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health on the National Quality Improvement Program (NigeriaQual), which seeks to strengthen the capacity of local implementing partners, state multi-disciplinary planning teams and site Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Teams to integrate Quality Improvement (QI) activities into organization, financial and program planning activities, in addition to HIV care and treatment services.
It is a University of Maryland-led Nigerian Alliance for Health Systems Strengthening (NAHSS) project, therefore the FMOH NigeriaQual Software Engineer shall work in collaboration with the NigeriaQual team at the NAHSS office and Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH). He/She will manage the NigeriaQualsoftware andreport directly to the NAHSS Project Director and NigeriaQual Lead at the NASCP/FMOH. He/She shall work in collaboration with the NigeriaQual software development vendors, the NAHSS team and FMOH in the following capacities :
Data System Management
- Maintain close working relationship with software vendor in order to understudy the basic workings of the software
- Update SQL queries as necessary to accommodate periodic revisions of indicator definitions and create SQL queries as necessary to include new indicators that are ratified for inclusion in the NigeriaQual program by the NigeriaQual task team.
- Provide essential technical assistance to users at all level necessary to ensure that the software is operational
- Create State and IP level users on the NigeriaQual software platform as required to provide access for data submission
- Assists IPs and state officials with set-up and use of the NigeriaQual software
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues in order to ensure data integrity
- Ensures that all NigeriaQual software updates are properly installed and rolled out to all users
- Performs and documents procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Develop data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design, project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy and usage
- Develop and implement evaluation methodology related to various health data programs to determine completeness and adequacy of the data collection procedure.
Data Reporting and Analysis
- Understand and ensure the existing standards relating to data collection and use are abided by in the implementation of the NigeriaQual program.
- Evaluate the NigeriaQual data collection systems periodically and use findings to improve operations.
- Prepare bi-annual and annual data reports on the NigeriaQual performance measurement exercises to be shared on the NigeriaQual website.
- Developadhoc reports as necessary
- Manage access to all NigeriaQual related reports for whatever purpose and also access to NigeriaQual data to ensure that proper procedures are followed especially for research purposes.
- Shares data with IPs and States and Federal agencies, as needed
- Support in fostering relationships with other state agencies that have interest inNigeriaQual data
- Participate in national meetings (i.e. task team meetings) and state meetings (i.e. state QI committee meetings and State QI forums)
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced Computer applications used for data collection e.g. Structured Query Language, Microsoft Access, C ++ etc.
- Understand the principles and practices of data and database management
- Working knowledge of data collection, utilization, validation techniques and Research methodologies
- Understands basic programming languages, Arithmetic, Algebra, Calculus and Statistics
- Understand medical terminologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, GIS, Project Management (PMP), Contract Management, analysis software (e.g. SPSS, STATA), Business Intelligence,
- Data Reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge).
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field with evidence of above listed skills.
- Master's Degree, and at least one year experience in: Health Data Analysis/Management; Statistics; Public Health (Epidemiology/Biostatistics Focus); will be an added advantage
go to method of application »
It is a University of Maryland-led Nigerian Alliance for Health Systems Strengthening (NAHSS) project, therefore the Support Officer shall work in collaboration with the NigeriaQual team at the NAHSS office and Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH). He/She will report directly to the NigeriaQual Lead at the NASCP/FMOH to:
- Coordinate and plan the implementation of NigeriaQual program activities including but not limited to NigeriaQual Performance Measurement (PM) exercises, CQI trainings, NigeriaQual task team meetings, supervisory and advocacy visits, national QI forums etc.
- Review the analysis of NigeriaQual data reports per facility, Implementing Partner (IP) and state by evaluation area in such a manner as to make sense out of it useful for decision making for the improvement of the National HIV program.
- Be involved in training and educating facility, IP and State Ministry of Health (SMoH) officials on the NigeriaQual data collection methodologies, CQI principles, designing and implementing QI projects using the model for quality improvement and the PDSA cycle.
- Identify one quality gap that cuts across most states after each data collection cycle and support the development of a QI project around it that will be implemented by facilities all across the country in order to achieve more national improvement effects and impact.
- Work with IPs and states to ensure that quality gaps identified during the NigeriaQual PM exercise are utilized to inform QI activities both at facility and state levels.
- Work closely with the NigeriaQual software vendor and the FMOH NigeriaQual software support Engineer to identify upgrades essential to ensure that user experience at all levels are continually enhanced.
- Coordinate the periodic revisions of indicator definitions and the creation of new indicators that are considered necessary for inclusion in the NigeriaQual program by the task team e.g. when guidelines are revised.
- Keep all stakeholders up to date with NigeriaQual activities through routine communication and by regularly uploading any information on the NigeriaQual website.
- Update current NigeriaQual DCTs and evaluation methodologies as necessary or and coordinate the development of new DCTs whenever necessary to include new evaluation areas as considered relevant by the task team.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports showcasing the accomplishments on the NigeriaQual program, which is shared with FMoH and the funding agency.
- Prepare other reports and presentations as required showcasing the plans and accomplishments of the NigeriaQual program which is to be shared with any specified audience as demanded by the FMOH or the funding agency.
- Prepare a joint work plan of activities to be carried out at the beginning of every year And which is reviewed at least twice in a year.
Data Collection /Abstraction / Extraction, Analysis and Reporting
This is key to NigeriaQual. The Support Officer will be required to:
- Understand and ensure the existing standards relating to data collection and use, are complied with in the implementation of the NigeriaQual program.
- Collate and prepare quarterly reports on QI performance findings and projects that have made significant improvement on specific NigeriaQual indicators to be shared on the NigeriaQual website
- Collate bi-annual and annual data reports on the NigeriaQual performance measurement exercises to be shared on the NigeriaQual website or disseminated at other appropriate forums.
- Support the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts from NigeriaQual data to be presented at conferences and meetings where needed.
- Manage access to all NigeriaQual related reports for whatever purpose and also manage access to NigeriaQual data to ensure that proper procedures are followed especially for research purposes.
- Share data with IPs, states, federal agencies and other stakeholders after due approval from the relevant government officer (s).Foster relationships with other state agencies that have interest in NigeriaQual data
- Participate in national meetings (i.e. task team meetings) and state meetings (i.e. states QI committee meetings and State QI forums) on performance data generation and use.
- Ability to work under pressure with stringent timelines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- History and demonstration of adequate knowledge and competencies in the areas of similar tasks as stated above.
- Ability to work closely with FMoH and SMoH officials
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders including donors and implementing partners.
- Understand the basic principles and practices of data management
- Excellent public relations skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management (PMP) and Contract Management.
- Good reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge).
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a health-related field with all the above listed skill competencies, and at least 5 years' experience in Public Health programs.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a health-related field and a Master's degree in Epidemiology, Statistics or Public Health and at least three years' experience in Public Health programs.
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.