Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management Team (SMT) the Director of HR& Administration shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). He/she is accountable to the Country Director for government relationships and the provision of effective HR and administrative services in both emergencies and development programming contexts.
Qualifications and experience
- Masters and/or postgraduate specialisation in Human Resources or Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Human Resources
- Recommended a minimum of 10 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of HR within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line managementWillingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Competent level skills in HRIS, IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children
- Experience of exposure to developing countries and Nigeria will be an asset
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.