Job Vacancy at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Posted on: 6 August, 2015
Deadline: 12 August, 2015
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The successful candidate will help manage 300+ servers running SOLARIS, Linux operating systems for administrative and telecom applications.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning from Infra Prospective side.
- Hardware/software configuration; and management.
- Liaison with Application Owners and interact directly with them to negotiate solutions and implementation specifics.
- Technical support and general troubleshooting.
- Manage servers running on Solaris.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field and relevant LINUX/UNIX certifications.
- 3+ years of experience administering and supporting an enterprise class multi-tier UNIX environment
- Advance knowledge of UNIX development and programming methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of LINUX is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Solaris is desirable.
- Ability to write UNIX shell scripts and procedures to automate administration tasks.
- Good administration skills on ZFS and VXVM.
- Knowledge of ZFS, UFS and VXFS file systems.
- Knowledge of SUN cluster.
- A solid understanding of servers running on Solaris and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to Support 300+ servers in a 24x7 data center (ex: Stand By Duty).
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
- Ability to work and troubleshoot ZFS, UFS, VXFS file systems.
- Ability to work on Solaris and Veritas Cluster services.
- Ability to tune the OS according to application requirement to increase the performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- HSEQ Officer at Tsachal Limited
- Area Sales Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Enterprise Sales Executives at Ascentech Services Ltd
- 2018 Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme at Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC)
- Office Assistant at Workforce Group
- Job Opportunities at Hodskey Consultants Limited
- Jobs at Sigma Management and Consulting Group
- Plant Personnel Manager at Human Edge Limited