Job Vacancy at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Posted on: 6 August, 2015
Deadline: 12 August, 2015
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The successful candidate will help manage 300+ servers running SOLARIS, Linux operating systems for administrative and telecom applications.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning from Infra Prospective side.
- Hardware/software configuration; and management.
- Liaison with Application Owners and interact directly with them to negotiate solutions and implementation specifics.
- Technical support and general troubleshooting.
- Manage servers running on Solaris.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field and relevant LINUX/UNIX certifications.
- 3+ years of experience administering and supporting an enterprise class multi-tier UNIX environment
- Advance knowledge of UNIX development and programming methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of LINUX is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Solaris is desirable.
- Ability to write UNIX shell scripts and procedures to automate administration tasks.
- Good administration skills on ZFS and VXVM.
- Knowledge of ZFS, UFS and VXFS file systems.
- Knowledge of SUN cluster.
- A solid understanding of servers running on Solaris and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to Support 300+ servers in a 24x7 data center (ex: Stand By Duty).
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
- Ability to work and troubleshoot ZFS, UFS, VXFS file systems.
- Ability to work on Solaris and Veritas Cluster services.
- Ability to tune the OS according to application requirement to increase the performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Entry-Level Business Research Officer at TQ Consulting
- Divisional Head, Warehousing Solutions at WOWJobs
- Job Openings at Productive People Limited
- Digital Media Marketing/ Sales Executives at Kendor Consulting
- Restaurant Supervisor at Tusen Consulting
- Streaming Media Systems Engineer at Maurice Xandra Solutions
- Sketchup Expert at a Furniture Manufacturing Company - Career Prime
- IT Support Personnel at Realworld Systems Geo IT Limited