If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cuso International, an international volunteer development organization based in Cross River State is implementing a 5 year Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development (YouLead) project in Cross River State. YouLead supports the creation of youth-led enterprises and employment for young women and men in natural resource sectors of forestry, agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourisrn across 18 LGAs.
Cuso International therefore invites applications from qualified candidates for the following positions:
FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
- Actively contribute to Cuso International's gender equality commitments as outlined in the Gender Equality Policy, Strategy and Approach
- Provide leadership on monitoring the integration of gender equality into all stages of YouLead project activities to ensure that youth entrepreneurship and employment promotes gender equality and facilitates equitable opportunities for young women and men
- Provide leadership on mainstreaming gender across YouLead, including training materials, monitoring, programming, policies and procedures
- Advise on the collection and analysis of sex-disaggregated data
- Facilitate gender trainings with project staff with support from the Cuso International Gender
- Advisor and You Lead Gender Champion CSO.
- Contribute to the design of project gender analysis, the development of the You Lead gender strategy, and monitor the integration of analysis results in the gender integration plan
- Contribute to the implementation of the YouLead Gender Equality Strategy and Action Plan
- Review and provide input to work planning and advise the Project Team and senior management on gender issues
- Plan and monitor the work of the YouLead Gender Champion CSO, and identify, recruit and manage Gender Equality consultants
- Plan and monitor the work ofthe You Lead Standing Offer Gender Equality consultant
- Maintain active relationships with Cuso International Gender Advisor, and with gender specialist in related projects/programs in Nigeria
- Advise program Managers on strategies to promote positive gender outcomes in the sectors youth entrepreneurship and employment, including access to finance, value chain development, policy and environmental sustainability and to integrate these strategies into the project work plan.
- Ensure that gender outcomes are adequately tracked within the project M&E framework, working with the knowledge and communication Manager and other sector Project Mangers to identify gender indicators and develop monitoring plans and tools to measure outcome/impact.
- Train Program Mangers and partners on key gender mainstreaming concepts and support staff and partners to integrate gender considerations intO their work. Develop tools to ensure regular refresher training can be conducted regularly.
- Support the capacity assessment of CSOs and training institutions to deliver entrepreneurship training, and enterprise support services with a focus on 'green jobs/green economy' in forestry, eco-agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourism
- Lead on research and analysis on creating an enterprise culture among young women and men, including the role businesses play in achieving sustainable economic, social and environmental development within a 'green jobs/green economy' framework
- Manage allocated budget in compliance with the procedures and ponoes of Cuso International
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of mainstreaming gender equality
- Strong theoretical and technical knowledge of mainstreaming gender equality; technical knowledge of entrepreneurship, including micro, small and medium enterprise development; and experience of working with youth (young women and men).
- Demonstrated knowledge of effectively integrating gender considerations into programming that is not explicitly focused on gender
- Experience in designing and conducting gender analysis
- Experience in designing and facilitating training on gender issues and gender mainstreaming processes and techniques
- Strong background in gender mainstreaming approaches.
- Strong awareness of gender and equity issues and knowledge of issues affecting young people and women (key target groups for Cuso International)
- Experience conducting research or analysis on gender issues, including leading focus groups or research in the MSME sectors.
- Experience designing and adapting programmatic tools to address gender issues or to promote positive gender outcomes.
- Proven experience of developing, phasinq, managing and revising budgets in line with all internal and external contractual obligations
- An understanding of monitoring and evaluation, including experience with effective gender indicators and data collection considerations
- Experience in collaboration with the private sector preferably in natural resource sectors
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject, Masters Degree preferred.
Method of Application
E-mail application consists of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position (one page maximum) and a resume and should be submitted to: YouLead@cusointernational.org, Please quote the job title in the subject of your e-mall,
Further information and a complete Job Description is available from: YouLead@cusointernational.org
Application Deadline: August 15th 2015, 12 midnight (Nigeria time). All post will be based in calabar, Cross River State
The Government of Canada, through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, provides funding for the You Lead project