Jobs in a Gas Pipelines Transporting Company via Kimberly Ryan
Posted on: 11 August, 2015
Deadline: 25 August, 2015
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Kimberly Ryan
Our Client, a product of a joint venture between public and private sector companies operating gas pipelines transporting gas across 4 countries in the West African sub region is looking to recruit well qualified, driven and motivated Individuals to join their dynamic multi-cultural work force to work towards achieving their business objectives.
Reports to General Manager - Operations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and manages short and long term strategies, budgets, key objectives, metrics and plans for the HES organisation;
- Develops tools and techniques to ensure accurate and timely compliance reporting and notification are met;
- Develops and implementing strategies to reinforce safe behaviors in all activities performed by employees of the company;
- Provides overall leadership and management for the HES Team;
- Serves as the HES representative of the company's management team to provide effective and efficient solutions to HES issues;
- Ensures all HES reporting requirements meet the standards of The Environmental Protection Agency, The World Bank and OPIC;
- Coordinates, prioritises and manages resources to ensure compliance and sustained performance of HES personnel and company assets;
- Facilitates the standardisation of policies, procedures and compliance assurance processes for the deployment and implementation of HES,
- Operational Excellence Management Systems (OEMS) and emergency response;
- Determines and Implements staff development plans to achieve individual and departmental competency requirements;
- Provides direct reports career development opportunities, challenging assignments, time for learning and education, an empowering environment, and performance management;
- A Degree in Engineering or Science from a recognised university;
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification hands on experience in pipeline operations, maintenance and construction activities of which ten (10) years must have been in the management of Health, Environment and Safety;
- Must be certified with NEBOSH, Crisis/Incident Management as well as Emergency Response Management;
- Must possess knowledge of Process Safety Management, World Bank
- Safeguard Policies, HES regulations and standards, Emergency
- Response Planning and Geographical Information Systems Technology;
- Must possess excellent communication skills to influence stakeholders for the achievement of objectives with great ability in the usage and application of Microsoft tools;
- Must be able to provide career development opportunities, challenging assignments, time for learning and education, an empowering environment and performance management for direct reports;
- Demonstrable leadership skills as well as strong coaching and mentoring skill;
- Very fluent in English (Spoken and Written).
go to method of application »
Reports to General Manager - Operations
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, coordinates, and controls application of activities within process engineering, design engineering. design/drafting services, facilities engineering, electrical engineering, hydraulics, right of way, asset integrity, and inspection, maintenance, and construction management;
- Manages and coordinate Maintenance activities across the organization.
- Serves as the region's 'tecnnlcal knowledge asset manager", ensuring that all technical applications are current, value-adding and consistent with best practices, "
- Provides technical consultation and project development services to commercial team for regional business opportunities. This includes pre-AFE studies, hydraulic analysis, cost estimates, technical feasibility studies, etc;
- Manages and coordinates Engineering project across the organization.
- Manages pipeline corrosion prevention, coating, metallurgy, failure analysis, and repair standards;
- Provides coordination for major projects and oversee permit-eoordinaton on such project activities;
- Functions independently "as technical consultant for interpretations on various codes, laws, and regulations including WAGPA, AMSE, ANSI, API, and shareholder design standards/manuals.
- Provide consultation in response to requests from communities, State regulatory agencies, etc;
- Participates in the development of, and gives technical input on longer-term issues concerning the future operation of pipeline facilities, Le. projects, budget management, best practices, long-range planning / optimization, emerging technologies, etc;
- Functions as initial point of technical support for field teams and provides technical support for field team activities including appropriate calculations, documentation, and recommendations. Examples of areas of endeavor include hydrostatic tests, relief valve and high pressure shutdown settings, field connections, MOP studies, hydraulic analysis, emergency response,
- line lowering, pipe repairs and operational de-bottlenecking.
- Function independently to effectively network with field HES personnel to ensure HES design concepts are incorporated;
- Maintains strong interface with shareholder technical organizations to assess and manage risks in the pipeline system.
- Seeks best available technologies to implement mitigation.
- A Degree in Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Civil, Gas or Electrical Engineering from a reputable university;
- A Minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in natural gas pipeline and gas pipeline facility design, maintenance and construction;
- Must have strong gas transmission pipeline facility knowledge coupled with experience in all aspects of onshore and offshore natural gas transmission pipeline, compression and metering station operations and maintenance;
- Excellent Project Management and organisational skills with the ability to influence at all levels for the achievement of desired results;
- Eexcellent Leadership skills with proven ability to mentor and develop technical and maintenance competency within the company;
- Must have working experience with various cultures in a multi-cultural environment;
- Must be an excellent team player/builder with proven ability of fostering cooperation and collaboration among employees in a unit;
- Must be able to strengthen the organisation by maximizing people with diverse backgrounds;
- Very fluent in English (Spoken and Written).
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send their application and resume to the following email addresses within two weeks of this publication.
All Application s & Resumes should be submitted in ENGLISH. Only SHORTLlSTED candidates will be contacted.
- Ghanaian Candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Togolese & Beninoise Candidates: email@example.com
- Nigerian Candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kimberly RyanSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Liquid Mud Plant Manager at Hobark International Limited
- Integrated Measurement Solutions Account Manager at Cameron
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Country/Area Reliability Manager at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- FOPS - Start-Up Superintendent at Onstream Group
- General Manager/Director, Government Relations at Aldelia Limited
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)