Lagos Business School is a leading institution in Africa dedicated to creating and transmitting business and management knowledge relevant to emerging markets.
Located in Africa’s second largest city, Lagos, we deliver executive education at top and middle management levels, aiming to systematically improve the practice of management in the continent. Recognising that executive education is contextual, we pay attention to the needs of the business community we serve, ensuring our programmes are up-to-date and relevant. Our system of teaching with case studies also ensures that participants gain management knowledge and skills they can immediately apply to their work situations.
Yearly, our programmes attract over 3,000 participants from multinational and indigenous companies who attest to the expert teaching and the overall benefits derived from attending.
LBS is a member of the Association of African Business Schools (AABS), the Global Business School Network (GBSN) the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) and AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. LBS is the graduate business school of Pan-Atlantic University (formerly Pan-African University).
LBS has been ranked every year since 2007 by the Financial Times of London among global providers of executive education.
Business Unit: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School
Reports To: MBA Director
Directly Supervises: Admissions/Enrollment Officer
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
Lagos Business School delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria’s premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
LBS is a community of people committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity and relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world-class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
Purpose of Position:
Ensure that the School maintains the EMBA/MBA/MEMBA market flagship within the environment and positioned to compete for market share with Top-tier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement EMBA/MBA marketing and recruitment strategy to attract quality candidates across diverse industry sectors, disciplines and backgrounds.
- Plan and implement information sessions and open-days; make presentations to universities, NYSC Camps and relevant target markets for recruitment purposes. Ensure regional coverage of marketing activities.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing and strategic PR to strengthen the EMBA/MBA as a premium brand.
- Deploy web strategies, paid searches, email campaigns and innovative social media to increases recruitment success.
- Conduct research on the EMBA/MBA market and present report for management decisions. Monitor the activities of competitors including foreign Business Schools and align recruitment practices to trends.
- Plan and implement market cultivation strategies for sourcing of prospects from all channels - building admission pipeline.
- Act as first point of contact and provide expert advice to applicants on recruitment and admission processes.
- Provide advice on branding of EMBA/MBA brochures, flyers and other marketing communications materials. Provide information and news items on the website to enhance recruitment.
- Develop long range organizational and promotional/marketing plans (print, electronic and other medium) for programs and initiatives which support and promote the academic missions of the institution related to admissions.
- Provide leadership in positioning the LBS in the MBA admission marketplace to expand visibility so as to attract, select, enroll and retain a diverse student body.
- Develop annual targets and projections for MBA, EMBA and MEMBA recruitment activities for use in overall budget projections.
- Any other specific or adhoc duty to be assigned by line manager from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieving agreed target number of enrollment for EMBA/MBA/MEMBA
- Number of new Channels developed
- Achieving agreed target in pipeline
- Achieving agreed target revenue
- Number of attendance at information sessions and open days
- Brand visibility in educational fairs
- Planning and organizational skills and initiative
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Influencing and presentation skills
- Flexibility in work schedule
- High integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Recruiting and public speaking skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of tertiary education policies and procedures in Nigeria and globally
- Ability to prepare financial/budget reports
- Experience in sales or marketing
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Knowledge of channels development
- Knowledge of PR, branding and integrated marketing
- Knowledge of enrollment planning, demographics, recruitment, marketing and admission terminology, policies and procedures.
- At least 3-5 years in sales and marketing position.
- Experience gained in service marketing , business development, consulting or project management will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. on or before Friday August 7, 2015.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.