Senior Executive Assistant at World Bank
Posted on: 3 April, 2012
Deadline: 17 April, 2012
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at World Bank
The world Bank office in Nigeria seeks applications for the position of Senior Executive Assistant. This is a locally recruited GD position and to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
The successful candidate will report directly to the Country Director and interact with other members of the Country Management Unit (CMU) and Washington D.C. S/He will provide the full range of executive support functions, to include administrative management, day-to-day supervision and coordination of the unit’s workflow, quality assurance (i.e., documents, processes, etc.), executive assistance in support of the senior manager, liaison with senior officials both inside and outside the Bank Group, and general research support. In addition, the incumbent is required to have an expert knowledge of Bank Group administrative and/or operational procedures to ensure adherence to relevant guidelines and overall quality of outputs and the ability to exercise strategic thinking and decision-making skills. S/He may also be delegated a role in guiding and advising ACS staff in the country, and lead coordination role within the front office.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Senior Executive Assistant’s duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works with the highest level of discretion in providing wide-ranging executive assistance support, setting and managing priorities and the workflow of manager, as well as administrative coordination within the VPU or equivalent organizational structure.
• Responsible for time management and scheduling on behalf of Director, to include effective prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands.
• Effectively provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
• Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts to ensure effective liaison in support of the Country Director’s priorities.
• Coordinates and monitors multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner.
• Ensures quality of documents requiring Director’s approval and/or signature.
• Keeps others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates.
• Drafts/finalizes correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of Director or equivalent manager and prepares minutes of meetings.
• Supports and works collaboratively with members of the immediate work team as well as with others in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across Bank Group offices.
• As unit’s first point of contact with HR, coordinates closely with HR colleagues on a range of issues, including internal/external recruitment of ACS staff (and in some instances consultants/temporary staff), review of job posting/grading/selection communication/processes, follow-up on contract expirations, extensions, salary increases and other personnel actions.
• Accountable for the smooth operation of the office support work and related systems within VPU front office or equivalent organizational structure by assuming primary responsibility for organizing and coordinating workflow and oversee ACS staff. Provides primary or secondary input to subordinate OPEs.
• Routinely provides research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data. (Prepares presentation materials independently.)
• Participates in institutional activities, and leads task group activities within the VPU or equivalent organizational structure.
• Independently responds to extensive and diverse inquiries, and makes decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
• Coordinates and monitors multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure management decisions and directives are properly carried out and the timely delivery of products.
• Routinely involved in relaying/processing/handling information of the most sensitive, diverse and confidential nature.
• Recruits, trains, oversees and mentors ACS staff effectively.
• Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts both inside and outside the VPU or organizational unit to ensure effective liaison in support of the office and senior manager’s needs.
WORK IMPLIES FREQUENT INTERACTION WITH THE FOLLOWING INTERNAL CONTACTS:
• Office of the President, EDs, VP-wide staff, IFC and MIGA
• Other institutional Units such as, but not limited to, CTR, FIN, GEF, RMC, TRE, etc.
• Staff in all locations, locally and internationally
• Human Resource Staff.
• Units providing cross support
• Government Officials
• External Organizations
• External Counterparts
• External Service Providers
NOTE: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are required to submit their application online at www.worldbank.org/jobs . Click on> administrative and client support staff opportunities> job number 120804.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World BankSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Recruitment at The African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Branch Business Manager in the Financial Sevices Sector - Transquisite Consulting
- Application Support Analyst at CITIBANK
- Graduate Recruitment at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Career Opportunity at Standard Chartered Bank
- Job Openings at a Unit Microfinance Bank
- Latest Job Recruitment at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Accounting Graduate (NYSC) Wanted at Lefort Bookkeeping