Kendor Consulting is currently sourcing talents for one of its client firms. Our client is an Insurance company with presence nation wide.
Job Reference Number: HTU05
The Head, Training Unit is responsible for developing,facilitating and providing training needs and presentations. Also responsible for providing logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management.
* Developing, implementing and monitoring training programs
* Supervising technical training for staff.
* Conducting and coordinating orientation sessions.
* Creating training materials.
* Deliver / Facilitate training
* Develop and creating training materials, visual aids and presentations.
* Create testing and evaluation processes.
* Prepare and implement training budget.
* Evaluate needs of company and plan training programs accordingly.
* Conduct Training Needs Assessment (TNA) evaluations.
* Providing Cornerstone with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
* Manage staff of classroom facilitators.
* Provide Training Needs Assessment feedback.
* Build solid cross-functional relationships.
* Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management.
* Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets.
* Assist with the development of strategic plans.
* Developing a training plan
* Working with internal & external training providers to develop suitable content for the courses.
* Manage a team of staff
* Conduct self and team in line with the Code of Human Resources ethics.
* Any other assignment as given by the Head, Corporate Services Group.
* Must have a passion for teaching
* Ability to relate well with others
* Negotiating skills
* Good motivator
* Presentation skills
* Ability to write reports and keep records
* Work within budget
* IT skills
* Time Management
* Excellent Communication skills
* Experience in working in the Financial Services sector (an advantage)
* 3-5 years working experience
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
* Previous Experience in Training or Sales
* Professional Qualification in Human Resources or Communications
* Excellent English verbal and writing skills
* Strong self-organization skills
* Effective communication skills
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical employees
* Knowledge of Insurance would be an advantage
* Willing to travel to different branches and training locations nationwide.
* Working hours - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Friday), however flexibility is highly required as weekend trainings may be regular
Please send qualified CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating reference numbers. Applications without reference will not be processed. Application deadline is 7th August, 2015.