EBS Advisory (Pty) Limited is an environmental and sustainability service provider committed to enhancing profitability through proactive environmental and risk management. EBS has established itself as a leading advisor in the application of ESG in the agricultural, industrial and mining sectors in Africa. It is also the dedicated strategic advisor to more than 35 private equity funds, asset managers, hedge funds and/or banks. EBS's success is underpinned by its strong focus on project management, technical solution generation and strategic environmental management.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Social scientists or impact assessment consultants: EBS are looking for consultants to join their team with a background in social science, anthropology and / or social economics.
- Experience in measuring Social Return on Investment or other impact measurement metrics would be a bonus.
- Environmental risk consultants: EBS are looking for consultants to join their team with a background in environmental risk management and advising to financial institutions (IFC, EP, GRI experience).
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Preparing project proposals, Scheduling projects and planning capacity, Project management
- Field work and project execution - data collection, liaison, engagement, site visits, research
- Report writing & Quality assurance
- Continuing development - self and others, Client liaison, Marketing and revenue generation
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in social/environmental management, science, risk or economics
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- High performance and energy levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interface with professionals of all levels
- Experience in Africa, and a willingness to travel, especially in Africa.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience in the financial services sector would be beneficial, and in particular: risk assessments, stakeholder engagement, surveys and data gathering, IFC performance standards, PRI and Equator Principles.
We reward with above-market rates and provide varied, challenging and cutting edge working opportunities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org